PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
There's another solo LCO here in town that we have been friends with for years. We normally send a little work each others way when its easier that way. Well I heard from another friend today this guy has recently had a stroke and is not gonna be mowing anymore. Now this is a friend and I'm planning on going to see how he's doing but my question is would I be wrong for asking about his accounts? I'd be willing to pay him a little for them like $10 per account (he doesn't use contracts). Am I a dick for thinking this way?

bigcountry01
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
i would say give it some time...chances are he will probably mention it to you first. its already mowing season so the accounts will need to be mowed before long and im sure he knows that.

Focal Point Landscapes
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Heck no - if you guys are friends , go see him out of concern for his health . My guess is that he would rather have you servicing his customers than someone he doesn't know.

tacoma200
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Go see how he's doing, you can talk business later.

DaughtryLC
03-21-2007, 12:31 AM
i would say give it some time...chances are he will probably mention it to you first. its already mowing season so the accounts will need to be mowed before long and im sure he knows that.

I agree, if hes a friend he will throw them your way

rodfather
03-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I'd be willing to pay him a little for them like $10 per account (he doesn't use contracts). Am I a dick for thinking this way?

A whole 10 bucks each ? Mighty white of ya...:laugh:

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-21-2007, 07:32 AM
rodfather: What do you pay for a yard that has no contract that only runs $30 to cut.

rodfather
03-21-2007, 07:35 AM
rodfather: What do you pay for a yard that has no contract that only runs $30 to cut.

If they planned on using me, I would say 100 dollars...alot would depend also if there is fert, mulch, aerating, landscaping, etc. included as well.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-21-2007, 07:45 AM
None of that. Mow and blow only most are every 2 weeks.

Mow"N"Bud
03-21-2007, 07:50 AM
If he is really down and out, then approach him about it. If he just had a stroke he doesn't need to be in the sun. Maybe even make an agreement with him that he let you mow them while he is down, and give them back if he gets back to a point that he can work.

Sir mowsalot
03-21-2007, 07:57 AM
If he is really down and out, then approach him about it. If he just had a stroke he doesn't need to be in the sun. Maybe even make an agreement with him that he let you mow them while he is down, and give them back if he gets back to a point that he can work.

I agree with this answer. That it what i was thinking. That way he doesnt lose his accounts, and can have peace of mind while he recovers.