PDA

View Full Version : Using Wright stander

springover
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey all....trying to figure out the best hand position for mowing fast with a Wright stander...just got one and feels strange...i'm a WB and ZTR user...

Thanks

mosmgras
03-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Mine felt strange at first. I usually keep my hands wrapped around the solid bar and my thumbs on the forward controls. To back-up, I use one finger to operate the reverse controls. Give it time and practice. After a few uses, you'll get used to it.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-21-2007, 12:21 PM
it is gonna feel strange, but not for long..... once you get comfortable you'll love it.

GreenN'Clean
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I want to look into getting a stand up but just had back surgery in jan and don't know if it will effect my back using one. Does anyone have any problems with there backs or knees from the stander?

mosmgras
03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I have to say that my stander is a little rough on my back and knees. It's hard to ride with your knees bent (if you lean into the pad, there's no room to bend your knees) so your back receives all the shock from the machine.

mrgreen3
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Lay your fingers over the solid bar and use the rear of your palms to control steer..Back up same way,fingers on top,push back with palms..10 years experience on standers..Back pain is greater on sit downs..