PDA

View Full Version : Equipment lists

wendicp
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Do any of you have a check off list you use for keeping track of your equipment on your trailers. We have 3 crews and have numbered all of our equipment that belongs to a specific trailer but if it is not necessary to carry all the equipment to every job I don't want them to be carrying them around. What are your suggestions. Thanks:

dhardin53
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I need to update my List it 8 1/2 x 14 sheet. I am a one man operation with a lot of equipment. I make my list showing the make. model, year, serial no. motor make and model, serial and spec no. spark plug it uses, and air an oil filter information. It great to carry it in the truck so when I need a part i take the list to the parts house/dealer and I have all the info right at hand. On the back is a picture of all the equipment. Its also good for insurance purposes as well.

GreenN'Clean
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I keep the list of all my equipment and maintenance of equipment in my Lawn Pro Software. Its an easy way to keep track of things

txgrassguy
03-21-2007, 02:39 PM
All of my crews run numbered trailers with standard equipment load out.
The mechanic checks each and every piece of equipment daily when they return and up dates maintenance needed.
Since all three trailers carry similar equipment it is much easier for the crews to tag team when we are ramped up for all the grounds maintenance contracted.
April typically starts our 150-175 acre weeks.
I also inspect the trailers, with a bit of practice it is easy to spot problems even when you "eye ball" stuff.
The crews also know they are financially responsible for purposeful damage to the equipment. This and the fact that I will reward lack of down time with a party has really slowed down broken/damaged equipment plus a good old beer bash on the lake raises everyone's morale.:drinkup: