PDA

View Full Version : plate or mulching kit for turf tiger

str400ex
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I am in the process of buying a new scag tt and am needing to to know if the mulch kit works that much better than just puting a plate on . thanks Shawn

mrgreen3
03-21-2007, 04:33 PM
neither,use side discharge

mag360
03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
You'll need the full mulching kit to get good results out of the velocity plus deck. With just the plate on it leaves a trail of clippings.

green acres lawns
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM
You'll need the full mulching kit to get good results out of the velocity plus deck. With just the plate on it leaves a trail of clippings.

True. I just took mine off today. I'd rather side discharge spring growth, and save the mulch kit for late summer and fall leaves. I wish I had a good ocdc for the velocity deck. Guess I'll have to keep using the exmark with the york ocdc where I have to control the discharge.

ed2hess
03-21-2007, 10:57 PM
We bought that whole deal for our Tiger and never put the baffles on. We put the plate over the outlet and there are a couple little device that fit under each spindle and we can mulch just fine. I am afraid if I put the baffles on it will load the unit down especially in wet conditions. We mulch year round and it don't seem to make much difference which blade you use as long as it isn't a high lift.

LLandscaping
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I use the mulch plate and gator blades for leaves and during the spring I side discharge.