PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Charge 4 Installation?

Fleming Lawn Services
03-21-2007, 03:43 PM
hey just curious as to how you guys charge to install mulch, is it hourly or by the yard. For example i have to by mulch from another company here in louisville, and the price ranges are from 20 to 32 dollars a yard depending on the type of course. So how do you guys go about charging a customer for mulch and installation?

iowa
03-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Labor(including hauling fees) + Materials

IN2MOWN
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
hey just curious as to how you guys charge to install mulch, is it hourly or by the yard. For example i have to by mulch from another company here in louisville, and the price ranges are from 20 to 32 dollars a yard depending on the type of course. So how do you guys go about charging a customer for mulch and installation?

$80.00 per cubic yard installed.

TFmike
03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
We do mulch installs like most everything else, materials + labor, so it depends on where we can dump mulch, do we have to wheel it very far, or can we get a truck close to the bed. Once a year we have to mulch for a customer where we to take about 3 yard through a 28" arbor (that takes time). We do quote a job price but it reflects our material and projected labor costs.

paponte
03-22-2007, 08:04 AM
We base off material cost and access. We are paying $8yd for double hammered, $12 for triple, $18 for black and red. We blow mulch so as long as we have access, we base it primarily off product cost, quantity, and service area. :)

IN2MOWN
03-22-2007, 08:48 AM
We base off material cost and access. We are paying $8yd for double hammered, $12 for triple, $18 for black and red. We blow mulch so as long as we have access, we base it primarily off product cost, quantity, and service area. :)

Id love to pay that. The red and java here can go up to $39.00 a cubic yard. The cheapest I have found it is $25.00