PDA

View Full Version : Do you call back after a bid?

zz4guy
03-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I've been submitting a few commercial property lawn mowing bids. After they request a bid I go over, meet them and ask them what they want, and then mail them the estimate with a prepaid postage envelope to mail back to me.

I'm wondering if it's good/bad policy to call them back and see if they had any questions? Or would that be pestering them? I'm sure they are very busy but don't want my bid to get forgotten about either. Any suggestions?

General Landscaping
03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
At this point, give 'em a call.
"Did you get the estimate?"
"Do you have any questions"
"Are all the bids in? Approximately how long before you will be making a decision?"

I prefer to hand deliver to the person, to build familiarity and make a good impression.

Yes; they are busy people sometimes. If you were a friend asking about weekend plans... that would be pestering.
You are conducting business with them and that's what they do at work.

DuraCutter
03-22-2007, 02:37 AM
At this point, give 'em a call.
"Did you get the estimate?"
"Do you have any questions"
"Are all the bids in? Approximately how long before you will be making a decision?"

I prefer to hand deliver to the person, to build familiarity and make a good impression.

Yes; they are busy people sometimes. If you were a friend asking about weekend plans... that would be pestering.
You are conducting business with them and that's what they do at work.

Yes, very good advice. I agree with calling them because it's business and you have a schedule to fill. But if you call 2 or 3 times in a row, that can be negative. I've done that a few times and they just about told me to f#ck off.... lol

:)