PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Advantage Series

LawnExpressions
03-21-2007, 05:14 PM
My dealer recommended the exmark lazer advantage series with 60" deck and 25 hp kohler for a new ztr. Havent seen alot of reviews on this mower out there...it has the ultra cut deck instead of the triton...quoted price of $7900...anyone have any comments towards this machine?

Daner
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
My dealer recommended the exmark lazer advantage series with 60" deck and 25 hp kohler for a new ztr. Havent seen alot of reviews on this mower out there...it has the ultra cut deck instead of the triton...quoted price of $7900...anyone have any comments towards this machine?

I Love It:weightlifter: ...But with the 28 Kawi

tallimeca
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
just sold a 28hp kaw 52 to a guy today.

With the upgrades to the AS this year, I won't be surprised to see them steel alot of sale from the regular lazers.

Great machine for the guys who loved the ultra cut decks, and the new engine options are sweet. And....they put the deck lift assist pedal on it this year.

Almost a 2k difference from a regular lazer with a 60 inch triton and 27 kohler.

Uranus
03-21-2007, 06:33 PM
From what I've seen and heard, they are not bad machines. It does not have all the bells and whistles like the lazer z, and lazer xs. I would perfer to have the deck foot assist, and personaly I think Parker makes a better hydro than danfoss.

Overall It is a good machine. Not the cadilac of mower, but riding it will make you a living. Good luck out there with it if you buy it.

tacoma200
03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I Love It:weightlifter: ...But with the 28 Kawi

I agree with Daner, the 28 Kaw is a new engine but that's the way I would go. The 25 would be a great mower also but the 3 extra ponies would pay off for me. They are Exmarks best deal and the deck has an excellent cut.

LawnExpressions
03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Can you honestly tell the 3 hp difference from the 25 koh and the 28 kaw except that the 28 sucks down more gas

tacoma200
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Can you honestly tell the 3 hp difference from the 25 koh and the 28 kaw except that the 28 sucks down more gas

Well when I went from a 23 to a 27 it felt like a big difference. I believe the 28 has a pretty good displacement, Kawasaki's sell really well and are dependable for the most part. This is a new engine that hasn't been out very long but Kawasaki usually does their home work as Exmark told me. I would sure go the 28 route.

wbkuhler
03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I believe it is a good machine. The ultra cut deck has proven to be top notch and with the 28 hp Kaw engine that is even better.

Almost got one myself a few weeks ago but went ahead a got the Lazer z 60" with the 28 hp Kaw enginge. Just wanted to try the new triton deck since it has had the changes made to it to see how it performs.

But as for the Lazer As it would be a good safe choice and at a better price.

I agree with what has been said above and go with the 28 hp Kaw engine.

I have Kaw on all my mowers and no problems at all. Very pleased with Kaw.

As for the new Triton deck and its changes. Well I guess I will find out when we start cutting here in a couple of weeks.

tallimeca
03-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I would perfer to have the deck foot assist,

That is on the Lazer AS for the 07 model year.

huhnchadd
06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
I have an '05 AS with the 52" ultra cut 23 hp. It is an awesome machine. I am only a homeowner but everyone in the family loves the cut. My brother-in-law as a JD 725 front mower. When I travel for work I finding out he is going over my house and loading it up on his trailer to cut his lawn. I was wondering where the extra few hours where coming from and the full tanks of gas. He tells me I can use his JD mini tractor anytime I want. Guess I will have a few food plots going in this summer.