PDA

View Full Version : Edging techniques?

mhussey
03-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I recently bought a walkbehind edger. It does really great, however i have a tough time on walkways and beds that have a curve to them. The beds aren't so bad because I come back at a 45 degree angle then I take my straight edge shovel to it. Then I just compensate with the shovel. How do all you guys who use a walkbehind edger make the curve of a walkway look great? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

clncut
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a Crapsman WB edger. Works great but would like to possibly buy a different one this year. What I do for curves is lift the rear wheels slightly off the ground and balance the edger between the edge of the grass/concrete and the single front wheel. After lots of practice I can edge curves almost as fast as I do straight lines.

John

mhussey
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I will try that next time. That seems like it would work pretty good. It has to be better than my first go at it. I bought a KEE edger and it seems to work pretty good. I need to get some more edger blades for it. The one it came with was already worn down pretty far. Anyways thanks for the advice. Anyone else have and ideas or techniques to add?

Thanks,

Matt

ed2hess
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Use a good quality string trimmer without the guard and you can make an edge almost just as good as with this edger. Never put the edger on the trailer after trying several 25 years ago.

Loy's Home Services, LLC
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Use a good quality string trimmer without the guard and you can make an edge almost just as good as with this edger. Never put the edger on the trailer after trying several 25 years ago.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

thesargent
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
just use my line trimmer with an edgit attatchment.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
03-21-2007, 11:12 PM
For my first initial edging of the spring, I use a stick edger. The rest of the year, I just turn the weedwacker upside down and run with it!!!! I dont need no edgit or fancy edging stuff. And my guard is on my weedwacker too.... Just takes some steady hands and a good eye!!

B&M
03-22-2007, 01:13 AM
105 trimmer line and the trimmer.

Cut n Edge Lawncare
03-22-2007, 07:04 PM

ditto on that!!

daveintoledo
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM
i love my competition,..... all there yards i get have a nice big trenche dug along the concrete about 4 inches wide from using a trimmer as an edger for years.

now there are some guys who edge really well with a trimer i guess.... just not any i have seen around here....

Vikings
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM

But can you establish an edge like that?