PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Husqvarna LE389 Edger?

googles
03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Has anyone tried the Husqvarna LE389 Edger? also what do you think would be better the Husqvarna LE389 or the Pro Little Wonder Edger?

Captains Landscape
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I've had one for 3 years and only used it once. The belt drive system doesn't seem to be powerful enough to create a new edge. It might be ok for maintenance of a current edge but not for new edging. Also the soil around here is pretty rocky and that damn thing sends the rocks pretty far, I don't like the liability. I would recommend renting for a day and see if it works in your native soil. Also I once was given a demo of an edger by a Toro rep that made the edge and chopped it up so there was no removal. I don't remember the model but it was the best alternative I've seen but it ran $1200+-

lawnward
03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
I would go with the LW Edger. Much better build along with a much better support from Mfg. versus Husqvarna which is second to none in poor service and support.

googles
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
yea i bought the briggs 3.5 little wonder. i used it today and it seems to work fine but i will know better in the next few weeks