PDA

View Full Version : Flooding in back yard, how to fix?

Ramairfreak98ss
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Thought id ask some of the irrigation experts in water control here :)

I have a customer, my fathers close friend in NJ with over an acre and a half. His yard is a rectangle shape, and 3/4 way to to the back of it, there is a slight hill , about 3ft elevation difference. Because of this, at the foot of it, and 40ft out sometimes, water pools excessively. It happens the worst in his yard, but two side neighbors have it as well.. Just overall low area.

I was thinking, since there isnt any easy way to drain the water off the property, to make a basin to retain the water somehow? It could be a visible "pond" or non visible such as crushed rock bedding underneath the ground/grass in this back area to allow more water to permeate vs the hard soil. The lot stays wet for weeks after a heavy rainfall.

His sump pump from the basement also adds to this mess as it dumps 100ft behind the house too. Any ideas on where i could start?

Flow Control
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
You sure you posted on the right forum? Looks like you need drainage advice not irrigation advice.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
You sure you posted on the right forum? Looks like you need drainage advice not irrigation advice.

yes imsorry, is there even a drainage group?

Mike Leary
03-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Nice truck