PDA

View Full Version : bidding commercial job

snowshreadr4ever
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
hey guys,
i've been cutting grass for 7 years now and have grown my business decently big residentially. Now that i am 18 i can get insurance so i can bid commercial jobs. I do better work then most of my competition and have all top of the line equipment that i have bought over the years. My question is how to go about bidding commercial establishments (resteraunts/ businesses/ gas stations etc)? Where do you find out if it is open for bidding and who would you talk to? thanks

MSS Mow
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
hey guys,
i've been cutting grass for 7 years now and have grown my business decently big residentially. Now that i am 18 i can get insurance so i can bid commercial jobs. I do better work then most of my competition and have all top of the line equipment that i have bought over the years. My question is how to go about bidding commercial establishments (resteraunts/ businesses/ gas stations etc)? Where do you find out if it is open for bidding and who would you talk to? thanks

There is a ton of info on this topic if you use the search function at the top.

Now, on the topic at hand. A good place to begin is stopping by these establishments and speaking with a manager. If nothing else, they can tell you who to contact. Sometimes it's the local manager making the decision, but many times it's at a higher level and the local manager can tell you who to contact.

fiveoboy01
03-23-2007, 12:12 AM
What MSS said. Go to the business and try to get in contact with whoever is responsible for the property maintenance. Sometimes they will not be around, leave your card and get theirs if you can. This way you have contact info and you can follow up with a phone call.

Flex-Deck
03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I like to stop in and meet the manager with pictures of what we do. If the place is on a busy road, and has lots of trash to be picked up when mowing, or has lots of curbs, or whatever, I show pictures of properties we do that show how we pick up trash, and keep curbs looking immaculate. The first visit IMO is more a visit to show what we do, rather than what they need done. Then if a bid is real close, you will probably get it even if you are a bit higher. IMO those people out there looking for bids are still more interested in cost than quality, so the bid still has to be pretty competitive. Not much room for error.

snowshreadr4ever
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
thanks for all the help guys