PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick!!!!

pclawncare
03-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I have found a used walker mulching deck 42" flip up style at a pretty fair price and i need to let the guy know pretty soon if i want it. He said it is the old style of mulching deck. What is the difference between the old style mulching deck and new style? Is there any bennifits?

ACEMowing
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I have found a used walker mulching deck 42" flip up style at a pretty fair price and i need to let the guy know pretty soon if i want it. He said it is the old style of mulching deck. What is the difference between the old style mulching deck and new style? Is there any bennifits?

The "old" style has 4 blades under it 2 on each side basically in an X pattern. We use one and it works well. The new deck has the normal 2 blades instead of 4 and I believe they are sort of a "wave" mulching blade.

pclawncare
03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey ace will a 16hp run the 42in mulcher just fine? if the grass is not too wet or tall?

ACEMowing
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey ace will a 16hp run the 42in mulcher just fine? if the grass is not too wet or tall?

We have run it fine on the 18hp Model B (as well as our 20hp models). I'll bet it will work just fine on a 16hp under normal mowing conditions... cutting less than a 1/3 of the grass height off at a time.

pclawncare
03-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks ACE, i though it would probably run it fine, i have also have a mt20 also both running 48in ghs decks really i dont notice the difference in hp except when i am scalping in the spring the 16 just cant cut it, and when the bermuda gets really thick and wet in the spring when its growin like crazy. I figured if it can run a 48in ghs deck and blow the grass through the blower surely it will run a 42 in w no grass going through the blower pretty good