PDA

View Full Version : Building an aerator for a walkbehind frame.

Eclipse
03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Has anyone built a core aerator (unlike the like a JRCO) to take the place of a mower deck on a walkbehind?

I was thinking of converting an older hydro WB I have into an aerator. My thought would be to remove the mower deck and build an attachment for some type of aerator in place of the deck.

Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this? Or better yet, does anyone have any pictures of a front aerator setup for a walkbehind.

Thanks.

wahlturfcare
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM
what you could do is make it bolt to brackets where the deck used to be and when you want to aerate, lower a tire in the front(you can keep both or put on in the middle) to aerate or raise to transport and use themowers hydro to power it.

pclawncare
03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
That sounds like a good idea i have never though of that although it will be a trick to turing that thing and im not sure how you will do it.

dhardin53
03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I just finished merging a Bunton hydro power unit with and 32" snow blower. All I have yet to do be for next year is widen the 32" blower out to 36 or 37" so the drive tire wont hit the un moved snow.

If I had a aerator handy I think it could be done. I do a lot if fabrication.