PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub Dilemma!

wall
03-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Which Tiger Cub would you Buy? I was going to get the 48” 19hp Kawasaki but they are hard to find in stock. The dealers only have the models in blue.
or just get the Turf Tiger.

48" Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton ELS air-cooled engine
48" Deck, 19hp Kawasaki KAI air-cooled engine
52" Deck, 23hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard air-cooled engine
52" Deck, 23hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
48" Deck, 23hp Kohler air-cooled engine
52" Deck, 24 hp Honda air-cooled engine

or

Turf Tiger
52" Deck27hp Kohler air-cooled engine

johnwon
03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
I had the same problem when I first took interest in them. You should study them pretty close, because there is more of a difference in the promo Briggs machine and the regular Kaw powered machine. I can't remember all right now but do a search and you may run across where I told the difference back when it was fresh in my head. One things is thr ROPS on the promo will not fold down. The promo machine has standard air filter,...etc.,etc.

leaflawnandlimb
03-23-2007, 08:28 AM
The cubs with the kawi's also have semi-pneumatic front tires, folding ROPs instead of fixed and adjustable control levers.

mrgreen3
03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
52 kawa or honda..I have a honda and love it,but kawi's are just as good

wall
03-23-2007, 09:17 AM
What is the deference between the Kawasaki and Kawasaki KAI.

I was all set to go with the 19hp Kaw 48” deck then he showed me the 23 Vanguard 52” it has the canister style filter and it’s about $400 more than the 19hp Kaw. They also make a 23 hp Kaw 52”. I just don’t know most here seem to like the Kawasaki and I noticed that most of the Scag walk behinds have them,,, it must be for a reason. Its because I am buying for my personal use,,, I do not want to look back or settle for the lowest price I want the best 48”/ 52”mower and get to work.

sensor419
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
The Vanguards are excellent engines, I think comparable to Kawasaki. I have both (Kawasaki is a KAI). For those prices I would go with the larger Vanguard with the better filter for just $400 more.

Gautreaux's LNG
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
As a dealer for Scag.... The 19 Kawasaki is our #1 seller.... Stay away from the ELS, the Vanguard is a fine engine.

Envy Lawn Service
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
The Vanguards are excellent engines, I think comparable to Kawasaki. I have both (Kawasaki is a KAI). For those prices I would go with the larger Vanguard with the better filter for just $400 more.

I feel the same and would do the same.

I have ZERO respect for any Kawasaki without the canister air filtration.
Kawasaki's stock airbox setup sucks.
Feeds dirty air into the airbox... I've owned my last.

The KAI is the 'small-block' version of their engines, as the others are 675cc.
It also has a different stock airbox setup that the 675cc engines I run.