PDA

View Full Version : Fuel credit for your taxes

tomgolfs44
03-23-2007, 02:23 AM
Don't know how many of you do your own taxes ( I know many of you use CPA's), but there is an off-road fuel credit available for all of the gallons of gas that you used in your machines in 2006. Just make sure that you research form 8849 when you are doing your taxes (or make sure you ask your preparer to look at it if you are paying someone to do your taxes). It does amount to a significant amount of dollars.

TW

haybaler
03-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't know how many of you do your own taxes ( I know many of you use CPA's), but there is an off-road fuel credit available for all of the gallons of gas that you used in your machines in 2006. Just make sure that you research form 8849 when you are doing your taxes (or make sure you ask your preparer to look at it if you are paying someone to do your taxes). It does amount to a significant amount of dollars.

TW

ya, I realized I was actually using enough fuel this year to make it worth it. It just sucks becuase you have to keep track of every gallon and name address where you purchased it. a lot of gas places don't even put the gallons on the reciept.