PDA

View Full Version : H&G Show Estimates

Team-Green L&L
03-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Does anyone have experience in H&G Show leads? We have 15 estimates out there from these leads and haven't gotten a response on 12 of them yet. It doesn't normally take this long (2 weeks) to hear something, but this was our first H&G Show, so I can't compare.

mrusk
03-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Don't get me started on this schit!

yamadooski
03-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Our show turned out to be a flop!!! Got 6 leads and landed one job that was enough to pay for the show.
Never again.

Lawnmasters
03-23-2007, 11:37 PM
We have done Home Lawn & Garden shows for years. This Feb. spent around 1,500 on building a display, rented an end cap booth, 860.00. spent 1.5 days setting up, 3 days working it. Immediatly started selling after the show, everything from Lawn spray programs to landscaping, retaining walls, etc. The return on these shows is relative to how you work them. Just sitting in a booth watching people walk by doesn't cut it. We work the show like a pack of carnies. Stand at the edge of the booth asking people to sign up for a free one year lawn spray program. While they are filling out the card, we ask about who is taking care of them, do they have any landscape projects coming up, etc. Just start talking. they are at the show for a reason usually to see whats available to them. I hear people complain all the time about how these shows dont work, trust me when I say it's not the show. I have leads I can't even get to from the show in Feb. working on an $18,000.00 retaining wall project now from the show, signed up but waiting to be done, 10 to 15k in paver patios, sold a 8k landscape job last week, too many lawn spray jobs to remember.
It's really up to how you work the show as to what you get out of it.

JRSlawn
03-24-2007, 01:28 AM
I had 50 people sign up for an estimate it was pretty good for us. We are having a hard time getting all the estimates done.

Team-Green L&L
03-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I had 50 people sign up for an estimate it was pretty good for us. We are having a hard time getting all the estimates done.

We got a ton of estimates done, but I'm looking for the buyers. The estimates have been out for 2 weeks and I haven't gotten the response I'm looking for. I'm thinking about following up with a call, but I don't know how the H&G Show audience responds to direct solicitation.

Duekster
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
We got a ton of estimates done, but I'm looking for the buyers. The estimates have been out for 2 weeks and I haven't gotten the response I'm looking for. I'm thinking about following up with a call, but I don't know how the H&G Show audience responds to direct solicitation.

If you provided a estimate it is not direct solicitation it is a follow up.

Team-Green L&L
03-25-2007, 11:55 AM
So you don't think that those ppl are getting an excess amount of attention from landscapers right now and might shun "yet another call"?

Duekster
03-25-2007, 11:59 AM
So you don't think that those ppl are getting an excess amount of attention from landscapers right now and might shun "yet another call"?

Did you actually visit the home and provide an estimate and get on a first name basis with this lead? After I meet with someone I ask for the e-mail too. You have to get to know people, their jobs, their family.

Sounds like you should hire a sales person. :waving:

Team-Green L&L
03-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Did you actually visit the home and provide an estimate and get on a first name basis with this lead? After I meet with someone I ask for the e-mail too. You have to get to know people, their jobs, their family.

Sounds like you should hire a sales person. :waving:

Yeah, I was the sales person, but I'm so swamped with marketing now that the sales end has become minimal. Thanks for the feedback. That's a perfect solution.

Lawnmasters
03-25-2007, 02:07 PM

It's sales and it is competition. Sometimes people will do business with whoever acts the most interested in wanting their business. I've been told this by several contacts. That being said, if you need the work, go after it. Don't call them, show up in the evening after they should be home from work and say, " I was just in the neighborhood and wanted to follow up and see if you had any questions about my proposal." Most people appreciate the attention. If they weren't interested and didn't want to see you, they wouldn't have gave you their information.

This is how we handle calls, not to say it works for everyone.