PDA

View Full Version : adjusting the height on a wright stander

springover
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Does anyone else think its a pain? pretty much better get it where you need before leaving the shop?

LawnsRUsInc.
03-23-2007, 11:22 AM
yea we leave our fixed stander where it is all year and just adjust the front caster wheels here and there

mosmgras
03-23-2007, 11:26 AM
yea we leave our fixed stander where it is all year and just adjust the front caster wheels here and there

Same here.

mcduff48
03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Does anyone else think its a pain? pretty much better get it where you need before leaving the shop?

The Standers are shipped with four quarter inch spacers above the blades from Wright. Fine tuning these can be a pain but after you set these you are able to change the height of cut with the half inch spacers on the casters.
Just hang each front wheel off of your trailer gate and make your adjustments after that. It doesn't even take a minute at that point. :usflag:

springover
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Cool...ive been freaking out about this problem for a few days...i still havent been able to even try this mower out since i picked it up...its been raining for days...

Oxmow
03-23-2007, 02:54 PM
The Standers are shipped with four quarter inch spacers above the blades from Wright. Fine tuning these can be a pain but after you set these you are able to change the height of cut with the half inch spacers on the casters.
Just hang each front wheel off of your trailer gate and make your adjustments after that. It doesn't even take a minute at that point. :usflag:

Same way i do it as well. Its a little tough in Okla some times as we cut bermuda one height and fescue another. But since it is my spray rig too i deal with it.

mrgreen3
03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Wht not just raise or lower the blades? That way the deck height remains the same,for better suction?

turfsolutions
03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I bought a brand new one just before they made the rapid height adjustment models. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

ed2hess
03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
The only reason we waited was rapid height....machine is useless in high productivity when you have several types of grasses.