PDA

View Full Version : Hydro pump- New Toro- 48" Z-rider- LEAK ??

Eakern & Dog
03-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey folks,

I performed the obligatory maintenance per the owner manual and changed the hydro filter and fluid after my first 8 hours. I did a system check as well and noticed the following around the right pump:

See photos.

#1- looks like fluid around the base of the pump on the frame of the mower- This led me to inspect further

#2 & #3- Not sure, but does this look like there is a leak in the seal ?

I have less than 10 hours on the machine.......is this possible or am I being paranoid ?

DJL50
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I am no expert but have a Toro with 38 hr on it and I show nothing like that around my pump. It is as clean as it was new. Looks like a problem to me. But first I would clean it and make sure the dealer did not spill oil when filling it or something.

DLCS
03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Houston,

You have a leak. Take it back to your dealer before it gets worse. Has the resavoir level dropped?

Eakern & Dog
03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
You have a leak. Take it back to your dealer before it gets worse. Has the reservoir level dropped?

Great ! Gotta love it :-) I don't even have 10 hours on it yet. I can't be sure about the reservoir level as I only noticed this after changing the the filter per the maintenance schedule.I do vaguely remember noticing the level being a tad bit below the "cool" level mark but nothing that just jumped out at me. I suppose I could wipe the area around the pump clean and see if I see any new oil and check the reservior level after running for a sort period. Unfortunately, I did'nt check around the pump when I first bought it,so I suppose it could just some grime left over from a messy mechanic.

Thanks

Eakern & Dog
03-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Yep. I have a leak. I clean aroudn the around pump, ran it for 20 minutes and a new spillage was detected. It's at the shop and now I'm waiting..........