PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Problem!!!!...Help!!!

02DURAMAX
03-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Does anybody know if Gopher works with Windows Vista??? It does not want to work on my new computer..:confused: :confused:

Az Gardener
03-24-2007, 02:43 AM
You may want to try another title I was about to give you my secret to rid a property of the rodent. I know nothing about computer programs. Best of luck.

Yes the business management heading may have been a clue but its late and I'm sleepy so Imissed it.

gene gls
03-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Does anybody know if Gopher works with Windows Vista??? It does not want to work on my new computer..:confused: :confused:

I just got a new Vista system, same thing. Do a serch on the Gopher Forum. This is what I found for a fix......Try right -clicking on the Gopher 2006 icon on your desktop, select Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. Set the " Run this program in compatibility mode for " to " Windows 98/ Windows ME "...
My computer tech is comming this week to finish the set up. I had this problem with another program a few years ago. It sucks to have to "down grade" ( back to 98) just to run on a new system.

gene gls
03-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I just got a new Vista system, same thing. Do a serch on the Gopher Forum. This is what I found for a fix......Try right -clicking on the Gopher 2006 icon on your desktop, select Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. Set the " Run this program in compatibility mode for " to " Windows 98/ Windows ME "...
My computer tech is comming this week to finish the set up. I had this problem with another program a few years ago. It sucks to have to "down grade" ( back to 98) just to run on a new system.

This fix does not work..My tech spent 2 hours today, just getting the Gopher program to load and run. Don't ask me how he did it but it works fine now.

02DURAMAX
03-28-2007, 12:01 AM

This Worked for!!:) :)

Thanks!!

TJLANDS
07-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Anybody running Gopher on Vista. I still have been unsuccessful at running Gopher on the new system, still running on XP

gene gls
07-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Anybody running Gopher on Vista. I still have been unsuccessful at running Gopher on the new system, still running on XP

Yes, I'm running on Vista and it sucks trying to get it open. My computer tech got it to work. I think he downloaded the patch for the Gopher Program and had to create a short cut to get it to work. It never opens on the patch, but I have to try the patch first or the short cut won't work either. I'm tired of dealing with this program.

T.E.
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Vista suck period! Doesn't it?

gene gls
07-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Vista suck period! Doesn't it?

My new computer with the Vista is supposed to be about 3 times faster and more powerful than the old one with XP. But, there is so much junk running in the back ground it ends up much slower than the old computer with XP. The only thing I like is that its much quiter.