PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ply...4 Ply...whats the difference???

stephenslawncare
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Can someone please explain to me the difference between a 2 ply tire and a 4 ply tire. I have heard that a 4 ply is better but why, does one last longer than the other, or is one more puncture resistant???

Jason Rose
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
about 2 plies is the difference...

yes, 2 ply tires are about worthless, they can be punctured far too easily. 4 ply tires are a LOT more durable. I would never recommend going 2 ply unless you have no other choices with your tire size.

Lynden-Jeff
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I believe the only difference is puncture resistance and all around durability. 4 lays as opposed to 2. Ive read some where ride quality can differ but I do not know if this is true or not.

Cheers
Jeff

dhardin53
03-24-2007, 01:54 AM
4 ply will ride a little stiffer, carried a load better and longer. Some tractors and a few Z you can find 6 ply. Many times there is not but a 1 or 2 ply on the side walls of Zs, ATV and some tractors tires as well. It is what makes the wider big tire a flotation tire, and if inflated properly the ride will feel like your floating some what..

Dixie Chopper BOSS III (made just for DC) are expensive but they have a graduated side wall. The proper tire made for your machine and application is important.