PDA

View Full Version : Register receipt advertising

Lynden-Jeff
03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey,

So today I got a call from a guy selling receipt tape advertising for 2 grochery stores. I Talk to him and it was $800 for both stores, 150,000 impressions per store. I am the only landscaper in it, and there are 10 ads max repeated over and over. All the ads are full color. Has anyone had any luck with this type of advertising or did I just piss away $800?

Cheers
Jeff

Ric3077
03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Never tried it, but I can tell you I get groceries about every 2 weeks and have NEVER called a place on one of those ads..

Billz
03-26-2007, 12:43 AM
I get my oil changed at the place that advertises on family fare receipt paper...if I am due for an oil change, I go and buy a few things and get the $5 coupon! lol

I must be the only cheap one on here, I hate changing my own in the winter!

ncls
03-26-2007, 01:45 AM
I tried it one year. Early in spring, and for fall aerations. Got zero calls from it.

Runner
03-26-2007, 04:00 AM
It all depends on how you do it. You can hit it BIG with these, and the nice thing about it, is that you are hitting a particular demographic that you know. Read Billz post. The secret lies in there.

richallseasons
03-26-2007, 09:45 AM
personally as I consider all types of advertising and which would be effective for my needs I would have to say that grocery store tape and those place mats you see at the diner are just about on the bottom of the list for me as I always find that I look at them but never truly consider using any company on them.....which I really cannot explain any more than maybe I dont give them the consideration of being a serious company?

pclawncare
03-28-2007, 12:25 AM
They do that here in town for 2 grocerie stores anyway one of the dealers here ran an add for a certain percentage off work or chain saw sharpening or blade sharpening different things i was considering trying this my self so i ask him how it worked for him. He said he got 2 calls off of it and only did about 30 buck of work for the total. He said he is not doing it again next year

General Landscaping
03-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Everybody sells advertisingpayup ........ nobody sells results:cry:

One glance at the grand total on the receipt and its trash.

If you were running the liquor store or the tanning salon on either side of the grocery store, I'd be more likely to say give it a try.

As with any advertising....... make sure you give them a reason to call now and make sure your advertising piece has value to the customer(so they'll hold onto it)

edmedders
11-23-2009, 01:47 AM
This company produces advertising like the ones you see on the back of a register receipt at a store like Kroger, County Market, IGA, etc. It is therefore important that once you buy an ad that they produce it and keep the registers stocked at all times in the store, My opinion of this company is that they are unprofessional, slow to get the proof back to you and they do not honor time lines for getting their ads to the stores. They are also inconsistent in keeping the register tape product in the stores they sponsor causing your ad to be unavailable in the store as promised (I received many statements from the clerks that they were often out of register tape so they would often have to resort to plain white resulting in no advertising for you). Their field rep I dealt with was extremely unprofessional, sharing info with other accounts in the same town about my account as well as sending my proof to other competing accounts for their viewing well before the ad actually went to market. It appears they are a very small company with no eye for detail or an appreciation for standard business practices. They evidently survive by dealing primarily with small independent business owners who are less inclined to notice the pathetic service they provide.