PDA

View Full Version : Echo Rapid-Loader

goodgreen
03-24-2007, 09:08 PM
This is the coolest thing - just bought one this week. Replaces the head on your trimmer. Has a unique line locking system which allows you to just insert a couple of pieces of trimmer line. Very easy to replace. Hope it works! No more fumbling with spools this summer. Anybody used something like this?

LwnmwrMan22
03-24-2007, 09:16 PM
This is the coolest thing - just bought one this week. Replaces the head on your trimmer. Has a unique line locking system which allows you to just insert a couple of pieces of trimmer line. Very easy to replace. Hope it works! No more fumbling with spools this summer. Anybody used something like this?

I used it for about 1 minute.

It's not bad on normal trimming, but when you've got miles of chainlink fencing at schools, forget about it.

Mowman16
03-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I had a head like that on a trimmer, it was ok untill it fell off the trailer. Now I have a Shindowa speed feed, I REALLY LIKE IT.:weightlifter:

mow2nd
03-24-2007, 09:24 PM
lol...................oooooooooooooooooo this site is like the comedy zone for me. Good luck with that

metro36
03-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I have it and its ok. I liked it at first but later I noticed it wasnt all it was cracked up to be. My next trimmer will definatley not have this because it takes to many reloads when doing fences or light brush.

Lynden-Jeff
03-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I have both the tap and rapid. Both are good for differen't reasons. When you get a birds nest in your tap feed you'll praise your rapid loader, when you have to put a new peice of string in ur rapid loader every 10 feet, youll praise your tap head.

Cheers
Jeff

jeffscap
03-24-2007, 09:32 PM

I'm with lwnmwrMan22 on this one, you'll like it until you have to reload the head with a galzillion lines to finish the fence line your working on. I'm thinkin' it's going to be a wall mount.:eek:

corey1977
03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I just bought a new echo trimmer that had one I changed heads I have a cemetrery to take care of

ed2hess
03-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I was a sucker bought one used it one day....so mad I demanded my money back on the stupid thing. Dirt gets into the device and soon you will be carring needle nose to get the old pieces back out....bad bad idea.

metro36
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah you need pliers and also grass cakes up on the inside sometimes and gets in your way when changing line. My advice would be to change it or to use as heavy of a line as possible to minimize stopping to change it.

1cooltreeguy
03-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Rapid Loader is all we use with .105 line - we buy them by the box. We love them and use them on over 200 properties and several properties are 60+ acres. Hate bump heads. By the way - I have alot of Bump heads for sale.

TheLawnWarrior
03-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I prefer the rapid loader. You can run up to a .155 line in them. I think it is ridiculous to waste all of that time respooling a bump head, when half the time it gets tangled up inside due to rushing and not properly winding them.

tallimeca
03-25-2007, 09:52 AM
all preference.

They are more based for home owner use. That's why echo puts them on the homeowner curved shaft models standard.

They have their place in the commercial world.

Owner operators that don't have a problem winding the head, there is really no need for a rapid load head.

But, if you have guys that stand on the side of the trailor with a birds nest of line with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face.......not a bad idea for him to have one.

The trick of it is you don't use .080 line in the thing. The only reason why guys dont' use thicker line in the bump feeds is because you physically can't use more than say .095, or it jams.

I recommend for guys to us .130 with the rapid loads.

The problem i've seen with using .155 is it is too thick, and when you do line edging, it tends to snap off flush with the head.

These heads are really popular for golf courses and cities and towns, where they have a high employee turnover rate and they waste more time trying to wind the head then they do working.

For the guys that complain about burning through line on the chain link fences, i'd try the rapid load with some of the oregon line with the metal in it.

As far as cleaning the head out......yeah, it's call maintainence, just like anything else. If you pull the spool out of your bump feed head, you'll find grass and dirt built up behind the spool which should be cleaned out too, but no one ever does untill it doesn't feed anymore.

jeffscap
03-25-2007, 10:31 AM
all preference.

They are more based for home owner use. That's why echo puts them on the homeowner curved shaft models standard.

They have their place in the commercial world.

Owner operators that don't have a problem winding the head, there is really no need for a rapid load head.

But, if you have guys that stand on the side of the trailor with a birds nest of line with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face.......not a bad idea for him to have one.
The trick of it is you don't use .080 line in the thing. The only reason why guys dont' use thicker line in the bump feeds is because you physically can't use more than say .095, or it jams.

I recommend for guys to us .130 with the rapid loads.

The problem i've seen with using .155 is it is too thick, and when you do line edging, it tends to snap off flush with the head.
These heads are really popular for golf courses and cities and towns, where they have a high employee turnover rate and they waste more time trying to wind the head then they do working.

For the guys that complain about burning through line on the chain link fences, i'd try the rapid load with some of the oregon line with the metal in it.As far as cleaning the head out......yeah, it's call maintainence, just like anything else. If you pull the spool out of your bump feed head, you'll find grass and dirt built up behind the spool which should be cleaned out too, but no one ever does untill it doesn't feed anymore.

I agree with most of this post,The one I agree with the most is preference and the homeowner based product.Really can relate to Deer in the headlights and bird nest syndrome,thats' so true:laugh: As far as the fences,tried the oregon metal,oregon star,lazer line,oregon weed chain,what the heck,tennesee string,fla. string,new york string. mich string,then we decided to spray fence lines.All said and done it still all comes
back to what ever floats your boat.:waving: