PDA

View Full Version : smoke stacks

JTS Landscaping lawn
03-24-2007, 09:35 PM
i have a gmc 2500 its gas not diesel wondering if anyone has put stacks on a gas truck like the looks of them. wondering what you guess think and any pics of them.

Dirt Digger2
03-24-2007, 09:38 PM
i've seen them on gassers before and don't like them personally...actually the only trucks i think should have stacks on them is big trucks and high-powered diesel trucks (pulling trucks) anything else i think its a waste of bed space...but as for gas trucks i think you would like duals out the back a lot more then 2 smoke stacks that will never blow smoke

JTS Landscaping lawn
03-24-2007, 09:52 PM
yeh i didnt think about the bed thing and right now i have 3" true duals off the back with 4"tips. and do like those

Dirt Digger2
03-25-2007, 01:04 PM
yeh i didnt think about the bed thing and right now i have 3" true duals off the back with 4"tips. and do like those

bed space is big for us, we haul a lot of hay so the more space the better...but i will tell you, the best looking gas truck i've seen with stacks is a guy around here has a 1980-something ford F150 step side bed..he has the stacks coming up behind the cab but on the outside of the bed itself in the little notch there is...its a red truck with bright chrome stacks, looks pretty sweet

supercuts
03-25-2007, 08:10 PM
my friend has them on his powerstroke, id never consider them. to me it wouldnt be professional. i couldnt image plowing at 3 am with loud exaughst. most all around here are young kids with them and they look stupid.

RedMax Man
03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
my friend has them on his powerstroke, id never consider them. to me it wouldnt be professional. i couldnt image plowing at 3 am with loud exaughst. most all around here are young kids with them and they look stupid.

totally agree.

TGM
03-27-2007, 12:28 AM
read an older post of mine:laugh:

if they're done right, i do like them on a diesel...but i wont put them on for a truck used for work. ..unless it was a medium duty dump truck, but that's different. i don't like them for gassers, but that's just my opinion.

PLM-1
03-27-2007, 01:35 AM
read an older post of mine:laugh:

if they're done right, i do like them on a diesel...but i wont put them on for a truck used for work. ..unless it was a medium duty dump truck, but that's different. i don't like them for gassers, but that's just my opinion.

I agree. It's sorta like a brush guard on a lowered or 2wd pickup, it's just wrong.