PDA

View Full Version : pull behind dethatcher who's used them

smcunningham
03-25-2007, 12:22 AM
has anyone ever used the pull behind dfethatchers.......the ones they sell at home cheepo and lowes........one was given to me for free
(brand new).....how did it work for you, suggestions on using it and weight (how much)......
Was thinking of getting a front mounted jrco........but since I got a pull behind given to me I'm considering using it instead

smcunningham
03-25-2007, 01:28 AM
know responses needed did a search and found what i wanted....
.should of did it before I posted.,sorry*trucewhiteflag*

sildoc
03-25-2007, 02:34 AM
thanks for searching. find almost every thing you want to know by searching.
but free is free.

Grits
03-25-2007, 02:48 AM
A buddy of mine bought one to try out on his yard. He put about 20 or 30 lbs on it. It did suprisingly well. St. Augustine grass. It didn't beat up the yard as much as a power rake. I was impressed to a degree. Granted, they are cheaply constructed. But it will work and it was free. You will have to go over the yard a few times and you have to clean out the spring tines fairly often.

edward hedrick
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I bought the front mount one. made a bracket to mount on my Walker or Toro paid 110 at Sears. Walker gets 250 for same rake. Ed

GSPHUNTER
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
That's what I use, and I think it does just fine. Like Grits said, it doesn't tear to yard up like crazy either. It does take a little more time though, but for the price of a power rake, I'd just assume spend another 20 min until I can afford a power rake.

sildoc
03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I purchased a power rake from a local rental company. it was 8 years old but near new. a few rust spots where the paint was scratched but in overall good condition. It cost me right at 400. Honda 5.5hp runs like a dream. don't use it too much maybe 15-30 hrs a year but I would say for every hr it runs gets me 3-500.