View Full Version : F550 Cover/Tarp

03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if I explained my situation in another thread so here is a little background. Last week we purchased a 2003 F-550 dump with 8k miles on it. The truck was a repo and has been doing odd jobs on the dealers lot for a couple years.

Anywho, the truck has buttons going across the front of the dump and down the sides, that seem to be for a cover or tarp. One didn't come with the truck, so I was wondering if there was a place that sells these or makes custom for customers.

Thanks a lot.

Gravel Rat
03-25-2007, 03:44 PM
The best type of tarp is one that swings over the box on a arm. I don't know why they would have snaps on a dump box ?

03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Well that's what I thought too, but since it had the snaps, I was wondering if there was a place to buy the tarp.

Do you know of any companies that sells the one you're referring too?

Gravel Rat
03-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Check with the manufacture of the box they might have one designed for that box.

There are also tarps without the arms but they have a roller set up on the cab guard that you roll the tarp up on and has a crank handle on the driver side of the truck.