PDA

View Full Version : Never seen this kind of advertising before

MowJob
03-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I ran a class ad in a local paper the last 3 weeks. Its a crowded paper this time of year but it is inexpensive and covers my exact area. It is free and delivered bi-weekly to over 125,000 homes. So this morning I send the boy out to get paper to check my ad. He brings it in , hands it to me. I take it out of the bag and what is the first thing I see.

This 3 x 3 bright yellow, low adhesive sticker stuck right in the middle of the front page. Nice looking sticker from a local medium sized LCO that is on the rise. Also offering free mow (with an annual agreement), guarantee anybody that even touches this paper will see this advertising.

Wish I could scan it, because there is also something else I find very interesting. In all the fliers, cards, brochures, mailings I have seen on here or locally I have never seen this. They have a bar of grass with a picture (just like a two color picture) with a girl in a one piece bathing suit laying on a lounge chair like at the beach, or sunning, you know what I mean. It is not provocative in any way.

Who are they trying to attract here? Is it the woman because they make the at home answers?

1MajorTom
03-25-2007, 04:46 PM
sounds like a post it note.
been doing post it note advertising on the front of every newspaper for 9 years now.

sildoc
03-25-2007, 04:58 PM
been doing post it note advertising on the front of every newspaper for 9 years now.

Jodi, how often do you do this and what does it cost per time? I am contemplating this since I have seen some other service companies do it recently.

MowJob
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Not really a post it note, a full vinyl sticker, low adhesive. With all the advertising questions here I have never heard you mention it before.

1MajorTom
03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Not really a post it note, a full vinyl sticker, low adhesive. With all the advertising questions here I have never heard you mention it before.

oh ok, a vinyl sticker, that sounds different. ya, i've mentioned it before, in previous years too, but I will only mention it so much, I hate to keep being redundant.

Sildoc:
I mentioned pricing in this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=180251&highlight=post+notes

1MajorTom
03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
oh and sildoc, we place our order once in the spring, and do the post it notes in split runs 2 weeks apart. the second batch of post it notes will be coming out this week.

MowJob
03-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Is it just like a post it note, that they stick to the front of the paper? Are you the only one that does it there, Or are there others? More then 1 ever on front of paper, or do you schedule your date in advance. Its just something I have never heard of or seen before.

I love the idea Jodi, how many papers? I bet it works great for you. Would love to see an example of yours.

Here I took some pictures.

MowJob
03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Because I can only display 1 pic at a time here is the other.

I just read your other threads, now I feel like the last to know. Oh but those were when I was .....................

GSMOSS
03-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know where to get these made? I too feel like the last to know and it is a wonderful idea.

grandview (2006)
03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
If your local paper offers this, then everything is included in the price.They probably have zones and you pick were you want it.

Duekster
03-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I like the ad for sure. Is that your design or theirs.

GSMOSS
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
What Are The Prices For This If Younknow? By The Way, Nice Website Grand View. Thanks For Info

lifetree
03-25-2007, 09:14 PM
This is a good idea !!

Allens LawnCare
03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
They've been doing this in the Providence RI area for several years now...looks like a good idea

grandview (2006)
03-26-2007, 05:38 AM
I think I called once and 10,000 homes was $3,000. one time.