PDA

View Full Version : redhwak hydro tracking/adjustment

touhey33
03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Should I attempt to adjust the hydro and neutral for my redhawk, or just take it to a dealer. I started it, and had it in neutral, and as soon as I moved the throttle, it started doing circles backwards. If the mower is under warranty will a dealer adjust them for me, or will I have to pay. There is a dealer down the road from me, but i did not buy the mower from them. If not how much should it cost to get the machine completely adjusted.

MowJob
03-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Do it yourself if you are willing. You will then know the next time. Main thing did you have the mower off the ground when adjusting it?

touhey33
03-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I havn't really tried to have it adjusted, Why does it need to be off the ground, im guessing so im not chasing it across the yard.c

MowJob
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
No so you can really see when the tires aren't turning and truly in neutral. No resistance to weight, friction, level, etc.....

Really it is a good thing to know.

wpark
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
In reference to your hydraulic tracking adjustment, I hope you will benefit from these suggestions as well:
It is a good idea to have the unit off the ground not only to check for true nuetral but to ensure both drive wells are spinning at a consistent speed. If one wheel turns slower than the other, this could cause the unit to pull to one side.
Adjusting the tracking can range from fairly simple to down- right aggravating. By your unit being fairly new, it's possible the adjustments can be made using the tracking adjustment knobs located by the rear wheels of the machine.
You may also find the bleeder or relief valve- one on each hydraulic pump which drives the rear wheels- to be partially open. These valves should remain closed when operating the machine and may be opened when you need to manually push or pull it. Left slightly open can cause tracking to be off as well.
Finally, as for taking your mower to a dealer, I wouldn't think tracking would be warrantied as this would fall under preventive maintenance. Expect to pay $75-100 just to drop it off. This would benefit you only if you could write it off on taxes or business expense of some sort. Hope this wasn't too lengthy and I hope it helps. Have a blessed evening.

touhey33
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I think i might sell it actually. I really want the quick 36, mainly because of the weight of the machine. Ill probably put it on ebay with a reserve of 1900 if anyones interested. Its brand new, I've only started it once so hopefully Ill get that. Especially since they sell for like 2799 at dealers and on ebay.

touhey33
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Im getting ready to sell it, but I want to get the tracking and neutral right before I do. I thought I had the neutral adjusted and the tracking, but now it goes fast in reverse, and slow in foward. why is this. If I could just get it to do the opposite of what it is doing now I'd be set.

touhey33
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
bump bump bump