PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Guys, DMV police are out....reminder...

supercuts
03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
DMV police have been out in my town and the surrounding towns the last few weeks which peeked my interests in the subject and starting trying to figure if im in compliance. guess what, i dont think many of us are!!

what i found on DMV website:

any opporator of pickup for commerical use, wether Commerical or combination plates has to have medical card with them in addition to insurance and licence. you can obtain one when you get a phyical from your local physcian. if you have a p/u with some mowers or are pulling a trailer this goes for you. my friend said he got pinched 2 years ago for this, $250!

this all started when i got my F550, i was never told if i needed a US DOT CT number, like all commerical trucks on the doors. i was told by friends only on trucks with GVW's over 26k, but law states any GVW over 18,001 lbs. my f550 is 17.5K.

i couldnt find this out yet but was told if carring over 50 gals of fuel the truck must have placards. so, if you have an aux fuel tank for mowers, better look into this one. between my mowers im carring almost 30gals, 4 more cans im over 50 if that is the limit!!

just figured id warn and remind everyone! be careful, ever since the Avon Mt. incident DMV is out in force!! if anyone knows or has heard of any others id be glad to hear them.

-Mark