PDA

View Full Version : Problem

dekalb lawn man
03-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Ok I have a problem with one of my new clients. I work at Pizza Hut part time to help with some of my bills. I spoke with the manager and she said I could have the account for mowing services. After about a week the district manager stepped in and said they decided to go with another company. My manager already signed a contract with my LCO. I dont want to piss off my manager and get fired but I also think its bull and that Pizza Hut is in Breach of contract if they just drop me for another company. What should I do? I need help thanks.

LwnmwrMan22
03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Ok I have a problem with one of my new clients. I work at Pizza Hut part time to help with some of my bills. I spoke with the manager and she said I could have the account for mowing services. After about a week the district manager stepped in and said they decided to go with another company. My manager already signed a contract with my LCO. I dont want to piss off my manager and get fired but I also think its bull and that Pizza Hut is in Breach of contract if they just drop me for another company. What should I do? I need help thanks.

Suck it up. Forget about it.

It's happened 100 times, it'll happen again.

Usually what happens is some company goes straight to the top and says they'll do 40 stores in an area, the state, whatever.

I suppose you COULD press the situation some, but the DM will just say that the store manager didn't have authorization to sign.

Ric3077
03-26-2007, 01:13 AM
I agree...

HOOLIE
03-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't see the manager going to war with the DM over the mowing contract, unfortunately. Maybe you can work something out, like, let them out of the contract, but on the condition you can keep a wad of flyers/biz cards by the register. Probably 'against policy' but if your manager is cool maybe it'll fly...

Pietro
03-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Is it worth losing the job @ pizza hut? Prob not, so leave it be.

ncls
03-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Did you do any work? Was there a signed contract?

Runner
03-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Man, I could GO for some pizza right about now!

LwnmwrMan22
03-26-2007, 06:59 AM
The only thing I WILL say, is that at least make sure you get paid for the work you've already done.

hdhillin
03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey talk to your manager. Tell him/her that a raise in your part time salary there will help in the loss of their contract. See what they say.

fazzy815-66
03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Ive worked for pizza hut for 17 yrs on and off (mostly on). Is it a Corparate store or a franchise? I do 4 corparate stores here in Michigan (Mowing) and their managers are not allowed to sign contracts.So even if the manager signed it it probably isn't valid. I highly doubt they would fire you ,there always in need for good employees.

lawncuttinfoo
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Man, I could GO for some pizza right about now!

exactly my thought LOL

topsites
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Lessons learned are that when dealing with a commercial contract of any nature, you really need to speak to a person of at least area supervisor status or higher (that is, DM or better). I myself won't fool with it unless I speak to the owner, which of course excludes corporations but that's just me because I don't like this 'he said she said' bs.
I'm afraid there's not much to be done, thou I like the sob story approach to getting a raise :laugh:

Envy Lawn Service
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, you have two choices in a situation like this...

One, you can suck it up and forget it...

Two, you can have your contract overhauled by a professional (attorney) to protect you in these situations. Have it worded however is legal and enforceable in your state. Then when these "no-fault" "mind-changing" things happen, they can't just kick you to the curb like you are nothing... not without paying through the nose for it.

Ever tried doing the same to a cell phone company?....
You get the point...

supercuts
03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
i think the only way you could make a stink is if they agreed and signed that they would only use you. the problem is they could easily make up you were in violation by not doing something right. and just say you did a horrible job cant they fire you??? let it go, its one account and its your other job