PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Parts

Mi-D-Fine Yard Service
03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Where is a reliable source for Kawasaki parts?

haybaler
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
my exmark dealer said there only allowed(by Kawasaki) to sell kawi parts to people that bought there machines from them. i'm not sure that's true, but I have had a hella time finding parts for my 15hp and 23hp motors.

MowerMedic77
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
From your previous post I think you are looking for FH500V parts.
I have the 2007 J-Thomas catalog and they have a breakdown and parts for this model engine.
Just keep in mind that your GreatDane was probably made by JohnDeere and your spec will be different for some parts.

http://www.j-thomas.com/

The catalog is free:)

DJL50
03-26-2007, 09:49 PM
my exmark dealer said there only allowed(by Kawasaki) to sell kawi parts to people that bought there machines from them. i'm not sure that's true, but I have had a hella time finding parts for my 15hp and 23hp motors.

That sure sounds like a lot of C*#P to me. A lot of dealers are taking the stand if "you don't buy from me I will never service what you purchased" I had a local dealer do some carb work on a store brand mower I had in the garage for a back up. He put me at the back of the line and I sat their for 9 week till he got around to me. Little did he know I was looking to purchase a new ZTR from him and was curious how great his service was. Guess who I did not buy my ZTR from? I don't even buy my oil filters from him now.

dutch1
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
As mower medic indicates, you will likely find certain parts that might differ on Great Dane FH500V engines, crankshafts in particular, due to different mower manufacturers specifiying certain crank dimensions, keyway and crankend bolt size. About the only other I can think of would charging coil output differences due to electric vs non electric start. Most other parts will be identical to other FH500V's, at least that is what I have experienced. In those cases, it may be necessary to purchase those manufacturer specific parts from a dealer, Great Dane, in this case. This is the reason that if you wish to purchase an FH500V replacement from Small Engine Warehouse, they will ask you for crank dimensions and whether it is electric/recoil start.

DJL50, I agree that a 9 week wait is excessive, but on the other hand you've got to consider the local dealers perspective as well. Why wouldn't you expect a dealer to be responsive to the person who bought from him. A few years ago Toro started selling their lower line in the big box store at a price comparable to a Toro dealer. Do the big box stores provide servuce? When the customer complains to the big box store they are referred to a dealer. I find it hard that you believe the big box buyer deserves the same timely service as the person who bought from the dealer. It's called LOYALTY, and it works both ways. There are several benefits of buying from a dealer, among them are proper assembly, adding fuel/oil, checking running condition before it leaves the shop, instruction to the purchaser on proper operating procedures and TIMELY SERVICE. Just my opinion.

Dutch

DJL50
03-28-2007, 12:25 AM
As mower medic indicates, you will likely find certain parts that might differ on Great Dane FH500V engines, crankshafts in particular, due to different mower manufacturers specifiying certain crank dimensions, keyway and crankend bolt size. About the only other I can think of would charging coil output differences due to electric vs non electric start. Most other parts will be identical to other FH500V's, at least that is what I have experienced. In those cases, it may be necessary to purchase those manufacturer specific parts from a dealer, Great Dane, in this case. This is the reason that if you wish to purchase an FH500V replacement from Small Engine Warehouse, they will ask you for crank dimensions and whether it is electric/recoil start.

DJL50, I agree that a 9 week wait is excessive, but on the other hand you've got to consider the local dealers perspective as well. Why wouldn't you expect a dealer to be responsive to the person who bought from him. A few years ago Toro started selling their lower line in the big box store at a price comparable to a Toro dealer. Do the big box stores provide servuce? When the customer complains to the big box store they are referred to a dealer. I find it hard that you believe the big box buyer deserves the same timely service as the person who bought from the dealer. It's called LOYALTY, and it works both ways. There are several benefits of buying from a dealer, among them are proper assembly, adding fuel/oil, checking running condition before it leaves the shop, instruction to the purchaser on proper operating procedures and TIMELY SERVICE. Just my opinion.

Dutch

I understand what you are saying fully. But my point is if you run a business and hope to grow you have to take the attitude that everyones business is important. Yes I missed out on a mower sale but very much willing to give you excellent service. I hope nextime I can earn your mower business. Like i said in my other post. He missed out of a $6,000.00 sale + years of service just because he left me with the image "hey! Our service sucks"
I run a retail garden center that happens to be next door to a Wal-Mart store. Customers come in all the time with soil and mulch from them (I also sell the same) IF they want to buy a shrub from me I will re stack the mulch so they can fit it in the car. I could say "move it yourself" and I would bet a dollar they will not come back to me for anything. I have built a very good customer base that way in 20 years.
I use to buy/sell mowers at a big retailer. At some point the dealer offered to take on the service work from equipment from our store. NEVER has a store just started selling equipment and customers just start showing up unexpected. The smart dealers will understand that the big box stores now and in the future will sell WAY MORE mowers than the dealer ever will. They will put money in their pockets if they build a service and parts area to take care of what the BIg Box can't. Auto parts/service stores is a big business and never sold a car in their history. What is so different about mowers??

haybaler
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
That sure sounds like a lot of C*#P to me. A lot of dealers are taking the stand if "you don't buy from me I will never service what you purchased" I had a local dealer do some carb work on a store brand mower I had in the garage for a back up. He put me at the back of the line and I sat their for 9 week till he got around to me. Little did he know I was looking to purchase a new ZTR from him and was curious how great his service was. Guess who I did not buy my ZTR from? I don't even buy my oil filters from him now.

Your absolutely right, but I should have made myself more clear, I actually did by my exmark viking at that dealer I was trying to get parts from. So I have to believe what they said is true. They can order parts but have to put the serial number of the machine and customer name to show they bought it there. I can not find any genuine kawi parts anywhere else. everything on the internet that iv'e seen is aftermarket. Maybe this is where part of this attitude is coming from because they can't sell us the part in some cases. I went to the local ferris dealer once to get a kawi part for my husky and they said no, never been back there.