PDA

View Full Version : News Paper advertising not cost effective! This Works

bedbug
03-26-2007, 07:22 PM
The dollars used in three news papers for three weeks has generated 4 calls.
Signs on the trailer have the phone ringing everyday. Hope everyone has a good year!:usflag:

GreenN'Clean
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I have my trucks and trailers with logos and have got a few calls but with an ad in the paper the phone rings off the hook. Somethings work better for some then for others.

Runner
03-27-2007, 01:47 AM
.us is a type of domain? Is it just like .net?

toac
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
.us is a type of domain? Is it just like .net?

it's basically the same thing....

".US is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United States of America, established in 1985. Registrants of .us domains must be United States citizens, residents, or organizations, or a foreign entity with a presence in the United States." wikipedia.org

bedbug
03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
the prolawn.us is more marketable and looks more patroitic

txgrassguy
03-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I have had crap responses from radio and newspaper inserts.
By far and away my trucks, uniformed crews and a good service reputation has generated the most sustained, profitable leads.

grassmanak
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
what are the signs made out of?

SDNCLAWNCARE
03-28-2007, 07:20 AM
My newspaper ad has gotten me tons of calls and already 4 jobs. It has more than paid for itself.

topsites
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I've been feeling a slow but certain decrease over the years in print, has a lot to do with the ways of the world but online and other media certainly is starting to catch waves IMO. I'm slowly making the switch to online advertising and if between that and the newspaper I fail to generate the leads, then signage it might be but that will cost a fortune in my case due to insurance regs...

Same with the ads I have in our local trading post and several other ways we have of buying/selling used stuff, getting to be ebay is far more productive in terms of gains and successful transactions, the quality of customer has gone down here as well, but not in the community paper, that one still does well (likely due to coupons) but has slowed some in the past 5 years or so, too.

I think the newspaper trend has been slowing since the days tv and radio came out, that is to say 50 or 100 years now print has been losing ground at an agonizingly slow but steady pace. I've seen reports on this as well, it's wild to see this kind of stuff happening, that's not that I've lost faith in it yet thou, it still works just year to year it slows a little bit more, wicked.

A1Lawns
04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Bedbug, where did you get these signs made up?
How exactly do you hold them onto yuor trailer?
Thanks in advance.

topsites
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
I can't do that, insurance costs would kill me :cry:
More power to you.

I have my trucks and trailers with logos and have got a few calls but with an ad in the paper the phone rings off the hook. Somethings work better for some then for others.

Agreed, right now word of mouth is kicking it for me, that's a delightful first in that area, the newspaper's doing ok.
I've got one other thing brewing on a back burner, but we'll see how it works out (will tell if it does {or not} but I don't want to jinx it lol)

bedbug
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
You better have insurance ,work comp and have all the safety equipment and tie downs -------before you take off down the highway. the signs do get alot of attention.The one thing ive noticed is the calls i receive are from a higher end customer.

KS_Grasscutter
04-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow...this is like the 3rd time I've looked at this post, and now I see you have the same aera code as me! Where you at? Hutch here.