PDA

View Full Version : Powerstroke news...

Willofalltrades
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Reading my FOUR WHEELER mag. I read that Ford is sueing International over the warranty work costs and stuff. Thats not new news. The new stuff I read is that you would figure the realtionship between the two companies has turned sour (makes sence... there fighting each other in court lol). Ford is now working on a "in house" 6.7L V8 diesel for 2010. So this means the 6.4L will only be out for 3 years (or so probably a year or two more) before Ford swaps it for their own FORD brand diesel motor. They also say that thats probably why the LCF's V6 powerstroke didn't make it into the F150 like I would have liked to see (the bad relationship). Ford now plans on using a "in house" 4.4L used in Land Rovers instead. I donno bout you guys but a "Ford Diesel" doesn't appeal to me as much as a CAT, Perkins, or Cummins. I would rather see international keep supplying them. Thoughts?

DUSTYCEDAR
03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
they sure know how to mess things up

salopez
03-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I have heard that Toyota might be making the "ford" engine

tnmtn
03-26-2007, 09:12 PM
a land rover engine in a ford? that makes sense. british vehicles are famous for reliability. not. maybe they could use lucas electronics just to make sure it never leaves the shop. :hammerhead:

Willofalltrades
03-26-2007, 09:22 PM
a land rover engine in a ford? that makes sense. british vehicles are famous for reliability. not. maybe they could use lucas electronics just to make sure it never leaves the shop. :hammerhead:

The story on the Land Rover engine is and this is what I gather... I may be wrong. Ford Mo Co has a 4.4L diesel they use in the European Land Rovers. Its not quite British yet its used over there. So you never know. It may work out good and Ford could create a large stake in the diesel industry with a successful introduction of its own diesel yet theres no name behind it that people trust like some do Powerstroke of Cummins.

I do know Ford big wigs meet with Toyota big wigs. I don't think anything came of it though. A Diahatsu Ford.... wow that would be different or a HINO motor in a FORD ahahahahaha please no!

xcopterdoc
03-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Lucas electrics! Thats a hoot! I call Lucas.. "The Prince of darkeness!" Never no wwhen that alt and wiring will go to hell! But it will!

thebobcatkid86
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I was wondering and hoping that the LCF powerstroke would make it into the F150's. I soo wanted that to happen. Oh well. I had just assumed that the LCF tranny wouldnt fit and they didnt want to spend the money to design another one. Or something of that nature. I would like to see a small fuel efficient diesel in a F150 though. But Land Rover I dunno. I was hoping that CAT might fill the spot seeing as how they have that option on the F650 but I guess its all politics.

aclassic
03-27-2007, 10:42 AM
not sure if you all heard the most recent news, but i heard that Ford is recalling all of their new 6.4 powerstrokes out there because they have been reportedly shooting fire out of the exhaust. sounds like the International/Ford relationship problems arent over yet

pclawncare
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Are you serious. Wow Sounds like a great deal untill someones dog looses all of his hair or someone looses a leg.

Dirt Digger2
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
if you read "diesel power" magazine you'll find out toyota is working with CAT...

lawnmaniac883
03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey do you guys hear that chanting in the background...sounds like BANKRUPTCY!!!

Willofalltrades
03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
not sure if you all heard the most recent news, but i heard that Ford is recalling all of their new 6.4 powerstrokes out there because they have been reportedly shooting fire out of the exhaust. sounds like the International/Ford relationship problems arent over yet

I would have to read a service bulletin before I trust your source. Nothing against you but thats a big thing to be saying with such little facts.

Willofalltrades
03-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey do you guys hear that chanting in the background...sounds like BANKRUPTCY!!!

Oh god no... ide die before I had to get a dodge... lol (just kidding for the people with out a sence of humor)

salopez
03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
remember that Hino is owned by toyota and there for run toyota engines

Yes I know toyotoa is talking to cat...that has nothing to do with what we are speaking of here. toyota has been making great diesel engines for years and the talk was that they might make an engine for ford.

what you are speaking of is that toyota might be talking to cat in effort to have cat make/design a toyota engine for the US (only), so that the toyota engine has backing like powerstroke or cummins. so before you spout off at the mouth make sure you understand what the thread is about.

Dirt Digger2
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes I know toyotoa is talking to cat...that has nothing to do with what we are speaking of here. toyota has been making great diesel engines for years and the talk was that they might make an engine for ford.

you said toyota might make the "ford" engine, but that doesn't make sense, if they are talking to CAT about and engine for their future heavy duty trucks then why would they make a yota engine for Ford but put a CAT in theres?...

J&R Landscaping
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I really don't see Ford or any other auto manufacturer building there own diesel engine and getting it road ready and road and work worthy in 3 years. I would think they would need or want at least 3 years to test proto-type engines. If this is the case, I need to starting going to the dodge dealer more often!!

Willofalltrades
03-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I really don't see Ford or any other auto manufacturer building there own diesel engine and getting it road ready and road and work worthy in 3 years. I would think they would need or want at least 3 years to test proto-type engines. If this is the case, I need to starting going to the dodge dealer more often!!

Same here I think 2010 is too soon but you never know. Fords changing their game and bringing products to the market faster and better than they ever have... this could be a real benchmark for them.

bobw
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I would have to read a service bulletin before I trust your source. Nothing against you but thats a big thing to be saying with such little facts.

I've read about it as well. Something about fuel getting into the exhaust system and then getting ignited in there.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070321/ford_stop_sale.html?.v=1

for more info

Willofalltrades
03-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I've read about it as well. Something about fuel getting into the exhaust system and then getting ignited in there.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070321/ford_stop_sale.html?.v=1

for more info

Eh so it gets a lil hot in back... Nice little feature to stop people from tailgating.