PDA

View Full Version : Everride Demo

Dnemo
03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi ALL!

The distributer rep for Everride brought by a 60"Warrior, 52"Hornet, and 52" Scorpion Stander last Friday. We are considering picking the line up and wanted to spend a little time with the machines. We had a couple of guys come by and play with them also. All in all we were impressed with the machines. I personally was intrigued by the deck design. I understand the idea behind the deck, but I wonder if it trully works as well as the rep claimed. The sales rep claimed that it was virtually impossible to clog the deck and that clumpy was just as unlikely. The mowers all appeared to be well built, heavy duty construction, and everything seemed to fit. I'll seperate the machines and give you some of our thoughts on them.

Warrior 60" 25hp Kaw
Everybody liked it. Seemed to have a low center of gravity. Plenty of ground speed. Handled well. Liked that you could lock out the articulating front axle. Deck is heavy and durable. Greasable deck spindles. Held a small wet hill very well. The standard suspension seat helped smooth out the ride.
Nobody had any complaints.

Hornet 52" 23hp Kaw
Seemed to be more of a entry commercial/quality homeowner machine. Same deck quality as the Warrior, smaller narrower front axle, however still seemed stable. Unbelievable value. The machine we tested included a fixed ROPS and we could sell the unit for around $5,500. That's a steal in my opinion.

Scorpion 52" 23 Koh Stander
Everybody really like this machine. What a great machine. Around the same price as a hydro walk, but a faster more productive machine in our opinion. Cheaper than a ZTR, but just as productive. All of us agreed this was our favorite machine of the 3 we looked at. If I we buying a machine for either commercial or residential use, this would probably be the machine for me.

We basically liked all the machines, the pricing on all was better than average. The lifetime deck and frame warranty is tough to beat, and the 0% for 36months is hard to turn your back on.

Anyone with any input is more than welcome to share it. We would like to hear whatever you have to say, good or bad.

Thanks and have a great week!

Willofalltrades
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Positive reviews... shine even more light on the increasingly popular brand... I haven't heard a bad thing yet lol

Mowman16
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I wold love to do a side by side comparison.....actually i am sure there is no comparison LOL :laugh: :laugh: .

corey4671
03-26-2007, 10:47 PM
gotta love em! Wishing I had bought mine LONG before I did. I guess I was jsut concerned with the lack of name recognition. However, a couple of days with a demo and I was SOLD! I agree with Scorpion FX, I was a little jerky with it when I demoed it a few weeks ago, but if I were in the market today for another mower, this would be the one. Oh and I got to do a side by side comparison with the scorpion and a wright stander as the distributor handles both brands and just happened to have a wright on the truck. no comparison. scorpion wins hands down! Go out a gitcha one or two of these beasts while the financing is available folks! I was lucky enough to get mine last fall with no payments for 6 months so I was ready to roll this month when the grass started growing!

shop22
03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
we picked up the line last year and so far not many complaints. Only problem i can see when i demoed at my house is in very tall grass it leaved tall clippings. The design of the deck does not cut them into fine pieces, but I also cut some stuff almost knee high and it only left a couple strgglers behind. well built machine in my opinion.

corey4671
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I noticed that Jungle Jims now offers a baffle kit for the Warrior. I WILL have one of those before this fall. The Warrior as is is NOT the mower for cutting and mulching leaves.

lzrj
03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree with the tall clippings. The deck is designed to go through high grass and that it does very well. But that does create the only downside as well that I have noticed. It does spit out the long blades of grass and not fine pieces. But with that being the only complaint, I do rate this mower very highly. Now only if the company works on more assoreries for the Warrior like a mulch kit. There was a thread a while back stating the company was working on a mulch kit but I have not heard that first hand.

Envy Lawn Service
03-27-2007, 01:10 AM
How did the Encore thing ever turn out?

Was it a bust?

As far as Everride goes, I'm still wondering about their future in the industry.
All things considered, you ought to be able to buy one dirt cheap.

I think if they would blow out a bunch of stock at a low margin it might help them.

I think Everride is cool though because of the Everflo deck.
Not because I think it's the greatest, but I think that it's cool they offer something different.
The industry as a whole needs the variety in deck style.

To me though, the Everride deck setup strikes me as more of a farm mower than a finish mower.

Dnemo
03-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Envy,

We have'nt said no to Encore yet, we are just checking out some of the other brands available to us. The Encore distributer for are area is also sells Hustler. Hustler is a brand we are very interested in however, they tell us we are to close to the next dealer, about 40min north of us. The Everride distributer also handles Bobcat, which we are also interested in. I guess a lot of it will come down to which distributer will work with us. I have also been thinking about visiting both places to get a feel for unit and parts inventories. Anyway, these are the 4 brands we are looking at right now. We did like the Everrides very much, and the pricing to both the dealer and the customer are very good. The Everrides look to be quality mowers. The deck and frame warranty is a nice selling point, and then there is the incredible financing they have right now. Finally, if I was a homeowner in the market for a new ZTR machine right now. The Hornet would be what I would buy!

Thanks!

br549oicu8
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I bought 2 Warriors 2 years ago and am very happy with them. Both are 54's due to lawn size restrictions. I like the seat and the service space provided by design. I wonder if Gator Blades might be a good thing to try to grind the clippings further before discharge. The mowers do a great job discharging that's for sure!!!!
I am getting ready to order 2 more Warriors to outfit an additional crew and I feel for the money it is a hard mower to beat!
Prices are real right now too!!!
I found 2 locals that will seel the Warrior 54 Kawasaki for $7100.
Not a bad deal!

pugs
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Envy,

We have'nt said no to Encore yet, we are just checking out some of the other brands available to us. The Encore distributer for are area is also sells Hustler. Hustler is a brand we are very interested in however, they tell us we are to close to the next dealer, about 40min north of us. The Everride distributer also handles Bobcat, which we are also interested in. I guess a lot of it will come down to which distributer will work with us. I have also been thinking about visiting both places to get a feel for unit and parts inventories. Anyway, these are the 4 brands we are looking at right now. We did like the Everrides very much, and the pricing to both the dealer and the customer are very good. The Everrides look to be quality mowers. The deck and frame warranty is a nice selling point, and then there is the incredible financing they have right now. Finally, if I was a homeowner in the market for a new ZTR machine right now. The Hornet would be what I would buy!

Thanks!

Which distributors do you deal with out that way?

If you liked the Everride Stander that much, I would take a look at Wright machines if they are a possibility.

Our old Bobcat distributor picked up Everride just before they lost Bobcat. We had a shop down the street selling Wright and they went out of business. So we looked at the Everride because we already were dealing with them on Bobcat. Problem is everywhere you look around here, you see Wright Standers. And my biggest problem with Everride is the smallest stander they offer is 48". Alot of people use 36" Wrights and they even offer 32 and 42 models. I like the Wright Handle setup better as well

Do you currently sell any commercial mower lines?

corey4671
04-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I wonder if Gator Blades might be a good thing to try to grind the clippings further before discharge. The mowers do a great job discharging that's for sure!!!!

YES! I currently am running doubles Gators over high lifts. let me tell you, it looks like a green mist flying out the side of that deck. I only wonder if Gators alone would do as good a job cause those doulbes are heck on my PTO clutch right now.

tjhocraf
04-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I was looking into buying a Warrior last fall. The dealer I support( always buyng parts and supplies) had been selling Everide products for a couple of years. He swore by them, said they were built like a brick house and really stood by them. When I went in this spring with intentions of buying a Warrior, I noticed all his units were gone. He said he was having too many problems w/ the distributers and decided to drop them. He still said the machines were great but the distributers were the problem. So I decided to check some other dealers in the area who had had Everide in the past. They too had stopped selling Everide. I don't know if this is just a coincidence or what? Just my 2 cents.

Envy Lawn Service
04-12-2007, 01:23 AM
YES! I currently am running doubles Gators over high lifts. let me tell you, it looks like a green mist flying out the side of that deck. I only wonder if Gators alone would do as good a job cause those doulbes are heck on my PTO clutch right now.

That's good info to know right there.

I bet that setup makes it a good choice for a guy who is looking for a dedicated side discharger.

I was looking into buying a Warrior last fall. The dealer I support( always buyng parts and supplies) had been selling Everide products for a couple of years. He swore by them, said they were built like a brick house and really stood by them. When I went in this spring with intentions of buying a Warrior, I noticed all his units were gone. He said he was having too many problems w/ the distributers and decided to drop them. He still said the machines were great but the distributers were the problem. So I decided to check some other dealers in the area who had had Everide in the past. They too had stopped selling Everide. I don't know if this is just a coincidence or what? Just my 2 cents.

That's not too uncommon.
Atleast the dealer made the right choice for his customers.

I have a hunch who the distributor might be.
Curiosity will force me to check-up on that hunch.

Ned5485
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I was talking to my dealer and he said he had heard guys saying that due to the length(or lack of), you could get it through a 40" gate. Has anybody seen or done this? It seems unlikely, but if it is possible that would be great!

Envy Lawn Service
04-28-2007, 02:25 AM
I was talking to my dealer and he said he had heard guys saying that due to the length(or lack of), you could get it through a 40" gate. Has anybody seen or done this? It seems unlikely, but if it is possible that would be great!

A 48"?

Maybe... You'd have to measure... and here's how it would work if it's possible.

You'd back in across the gate opening at a very shallow angle.
You'd stop your rear tire right at one post.

Then you would swing the front of the mower through the gate sideways.
Then drive on through.

In order for this to be possible, here are the measurement's you'd have to have.

First, the rear outside tire to tire width would have to be less than 40".

Second the diagonal measurement from the rear of the mower deck to the front tire on the opposite side would have to be under 40".

Third, the distance from one rear tire to the front corner of the other side of the deck would also have to be under 40".

This way it could 'clear' when swinging in.

Does that all make sense?

corey4671
04-28-2007, 02:35 PM
clear as mud! The Scorpion is in fact a very short machine. They can be turned a full 360 degrees while on a 76" trailer with no problems whatsoever. I can see being able to crabwalk one through a 40" gate.

Envy Lawn Service
04-28-2007, 02:52 PM
clear as mud! The Scorpion is in fact a very short machine. They can be turned a full 360 degrees while on a 76" trailer with no problems whatsoever. I can see being able to crabwalk one through a 40" gate.

True...

But the Scorpion would never make it through a 40" gate.
No chance of it.
The tire-to-tire width is too wide on the ones I've seen.

The Hornet might make it though... never seen one of those.

corey4671
04-28-2007, 02:59 PM
straight from the everride website...here's the specs on the Hornet
WEIGHTS/MEASUREMENTS
Shipping Weight w/o Mower Deck* 781 lbs (354 kg)
Fixed ROPS Weight* 66 lbs (30 kg)
Folding ROPS Weight* 72 lbs (33 kg)
48 inch Deck Weight* 174 lbs (79 kg)
Overall Width w/o Mower Deck 45.7 in (1161 mm)
Overall Width - 48 in Deck 50 in (1270 mm)
Overall Length 76 in (1930 mm)
Overall Height w/o ROPS 46.8 in (1189 mm)
Overall Height w/ROPS 69.25 in (1760 mm)
Wheelbase 46 in (1168 mm)
Ground Clearance** 5.0 in (127 mm)

and the Scorpion
WEIGHTS / MEASUREMENTS

Weight 900 lbs (408 kg)
Overall Width 59 in (1499 mm)
Wheelbase 45 in (1143 mm)
Overall Length 60 in (1524 mm)
Overall Height 47 in (1194 mm)

EngineeredLawns
04-28-2007, 09:44 PM
What is the pricing on the Scorpion 52" 23 Koh Stander

Envy Lawn Service
04-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Cory,

Wheelbase is center to center back to front.
Track width is what I was referring to.

The Scorpion is too wide tire-to-tire in the rear.
Those specs show that the Hornet is also.

I doubt either can accomplish this feat...

You'd have to be able to back one tire just inside the fence post and swing the rest of the machine in. Since both have wheelbases over 40" it just ain't happening any way I can think of.

Just Mow
04-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi ALL!

The distributer rep for Everride brought by a 60"Warrior, 52"Hornet, and 52" Scorpion Stander last Friday. We are considering picking the line up and wanted to spend a little time with the machines. We had a couple of guys come by and play with them also. All in all we were impressed with the machines. I personally was intrigued by the deck design. I understand the idea behind the deck, but I wonder if it trully works as well as the rep claimed. The sales rep claimed that it was virtually impossible to clog the deck and that clumpy was just as unlikely. The mowers all appeared to be well built, heavy duty construction, and everything seemed to fit. I'll seperate the machines and give you some of our thoughts on them.

Warrior 60" 25hp Kaw
Everybody liked it. Seemed to have a low center of gravity. Plenty of ground speed. Handled well. Liked that you could lock out the articulating front axle. Deck is heavy and durable. Greasable deck spindles. Held a small wet hill very well. The standard suspension seat helped smooth out the ride.
Nobody had any complaints.

Hornet 52" 23hp Kaw
Seemed to be more of a entry commercial/quality homeowner machine. Same deck quality as the Warrior, smaller narrower front axle, however still seemed stable. Unbelievable value. The machine we tested included a fixed ROPS and we could sell the unit for around $5,500. That's a steal in my opinion.

Scorpion 52" 23 Koh Stander
Everybody really like this machine. What a great machine. Around the same price as a hydro walk, but a faster more productive machine in our opinion. Cheaper than a ZTR, but just as productive. All of us agreed this was our favorite machine of the 3 we looked at. If I we buying a machine for either commercial or residential use, this would probably be the machine for me.

We basically liked all the machines, the pricing on all was better than average. The lifetime deck and frame warranty is tough to beat, and the 0% for 36months is hard to turn your back on.

Anyone with any input is more than welcome to share it. We would like to hear whatever you have to say, good or bad.

Thanks and have a great week!
The rep here let me try one out. I used it today and I was very impressed. Cut a very uneven lot and found it to be comfortable with the suspension seat. I see what you are saying about it being built solid. I ran the 60inch deck warrior. Nice unit.