PDA

View Full Version : Drought Policy

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey,

I'm meeting with my attorney tomorrow and i was wondering what you guys do about droughts. How do you pay your employees? Do you still charge?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-26-2007, 11:56 PM
.....bump....

General Landscaping
03-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Set your accounts up right.
Mow less.
Push other sales.
Collect the same $$$$ from monthly accounts and some more $$$ from the extra work.

justanotherlawnguy
03-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Contract pricing = same pay every month whether it's 1 cut or 5 cuts. A drought is beautiful, cause then you can do more profitable stuff besides just mowing...

causalitist
03-27-2007, 02:38 AM
this is tricky... i get alot of calls from people who dont like being charged when the lawn isnt even mowed ... they dont like it and want a company who wont charge if they dont mow. these arent pitas either... so i take em.

alot has to do with how you word it, or how its set up. most of the calls are from when a company just added that policy.. so they feel like they are being cheated.

but if from the start a new customer is sold the pitch of a simple monthly payment wether 5 or 1 mow... they are much more likely to be ok with it.

if i had too many accounts , or was looking to scale back, things like this are what i would do to help make my life easy/profitable. along with raising prices lol.

chipk1
03-27-2007, 02:46 AM
I usually tell customers that if a drought comes about I will do other stuff like weeding or trimming ect. for the same amount of time it takes to mow thier yard. I haven't had any complaints. This policy has actually landed me additional accounts because customers feel taken when they aren't getting anything for thier money.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
so i am assuming that some of you guys do a yearly payment plan? Do you divide it by 12 months or the seasons months. With my size i have come tothe conclusion that it won't be profitable to do that.

thanks,
adam