PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailers?

qualitylawnmanagement
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Are the company hauling trailers any good? I am looking at getting a enclosed trailer so if anyone who is interested in a one year old 18ft open landscape trailer pm me? I don't know if I want a 18ft or 20ft. For a 20ft it's $150 more but I think it would be worth it so I could have room to have a bench and such, but then again I don't want something that will be a PITA in tight areas. But I think the 18ft would work out just fine for hauling two 60in Dixie Choppers, and a 34in walk-behind and misc tools don't you think?

Details on the the enclosed:
Size: 8.5ft*18ft car hauler
Standard options are: 36in side door, rear ramp, 2 dome lights with switch, 1 roof vent, 4 5K D rings, 24in stone guard, 24" OC frame, brakes on both axles, spring axles, 7000LB cap.

Metro Lawn
03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Haulin' trailers are built by Forest River. They are the largest trailer company in the country.

http://www.forestriverinc.com

TGM
03-27-2007, 12:08 AM
the biggest thing i would want is torsion axles...especially on an enclosed trailer. i just bought a used enclosed 8.5x18 trailer yesterday and it's perfect in size...18 or 20 would be good for anyone with 2 mowers or a lot of equipment. it's enough room for my stuff, with enough room to grow.

qualitylawnmanagement
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys anyone one else? I think I may go ahead and buy it, but I have to move my one year old 18ft open trailer. PM me for details!

Prestige-Lawncare
03-28-2007, 08:00 AM
My new 8X18 enclosed will be here any day now (I hope) They said 4 - 5 weeks build time and delivery, and it's coming up on 4 weeks now! Looking forward to getting started on getting it set up the way I want. Racks, tie downs, small bench across front, lots of places for lots of stuff.

Like a kid at Christmas! :cool2:

Eclipse
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
No question about it, the 20' is a better choice IMO.

It is not a huge deal if all you will ever haul is mowers, but I would upgrade to the 16" o/c floor crossmembers.

zedosix
03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I just bought a new 8x19' enclosed. It is made by united trailers, I think they are built in Indiana. I am currently working on the interior of it. This model is the UXT and comes standard with 16" O/C walls, floor and ceiling. Oh ya and the 5200lb axles. I would highly recommend you take a good look at them. Lots of head room too, 6' 10" to cross members.

supercuts
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
ive got 2 Z's and a Wb in my 18' and its tight. id consider the 20'. more important, mine is a 6.5 wide deal. plenty of room, EXCEPT when i put the ultra-vac on the mower, it doesnt fit between the ramp door cables. luckily my guy snapped one and now it fits. also, be careful with the actual door width. its less than the overall width of my trailer. make sure its wide enough to fit your equiptment in it