PDA

View Full Version : Does Fluid Film really...

springover
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Keep the under side of the deck from getting grass build up?
I just finished mowing in the rain and grass was caked on...

dcondon
03-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Fluid Film will do anything you want it to do:cool2: :cool2: The answer is YES it will help out a lot!!!

pclawncare
03-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I personaly didnt think it worked too great but thats just me

C.T. Lawn Care
03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
it has been my experiance with fluid film that it will HELP aLOT but it will not totaly solve the problem. I used it on my deck last year and it would keep most of the grass off from morning due and what not, but i tried cutting in the rain and after about 5 min, it was back to clumps and cloggs. It does help with normal lush conditions though.

Good luck

GreenN'Clean
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Its an amazing product

Dano50
03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
:) I can't pass up an opportunity: Fluid Film will not only help in keeping grass from clumping, but it will keep battery terminals corrosion free for at least a year, is great on dirt bike chains, is excellent for use on guns, works great for hedge trimmer blades, works wonders on fishing reels, will keep bugs from sticking to chrome bumpers, etc...

The list is endless. Don't limit yourself to one application. Explore them all!

toac
03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
:) I can't pass up an opportunity: Fluid Film will not only help in keeping grass from clumping, but it will keep battery terminals corrosion free for at least a year, is great on dirt bike chains, is excellent for use on guns, works great for hedge trimmer blades, works wonders on fishing reels, will keep bugs from sticking to chrome bumpers, etc...

The list is endless. Don't limit yourself to one application. Explore them all!

sounds like an infomercial :laugh:

great product!

robbo521
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
its the only thing i found to keep battery terminals corrosion free in my dang truck.works great for that!

Daner
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
We use It for farm equipment as well as all the landscaping machines.

lowballer17
03-27-2007, 03:28 PM
between fluid film and WD-40?

Dano50
03-27-2007, 03:31 PM
No solvents, for one. Fluid Film won't evaporate, get gummy or sticky or wash off a surface. It could last a full year protecting equipment stored indoors and could last 2-3 months outside in the elements.

It has a unique lanolin base which will actually imbed into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection. Fluid Film is safe to use on all metals, won't harm paint, plastic or burn greenery and will not freeze.

lowballer17
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
silcone spray....

nick-bigfootlawn
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
It has a unique lanolin base.

Like Sheepswool?

gene gls
03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I personaly didnt think it worked too great but thats just me

Me to..........

tnpete
03-28-2007, 08:50 AM
No solvents, for one. Fluid Film won't evaporate, get gummy or sticky or wash off a surface. It could last a full year protecting equipment stored indoors and could last 2-3 months outside in the elements.

It has a unique lanolin base which will actually imbed into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection. Fluid Film is safe to use on all metals, won't harm paint, plastic or burn greenery and will not freeze.

Took a small can in the boat Saturday.:clapping: And one boat seat is hard to take out of the seat base. Not anymore, Man that stuff is one great product.
And also worked perfect on my reels .
Then on the mower it works like Dano50 posted.
One thing. Do not spray the hinges on the shop door with it:nono: The door works way to good with it on there. you can't hear the door open or close.
Pete

terrapro
03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
last fall my trucks lugnuts were seized on pretty good so after i got them off i put a couple squirts of fluid film on each lug so next time i need to get them off i could. it worked too well! i was driving down the road about 45mph and hit a bump and my truck started shaking violently, i thought it was going to explode. i quickly pulled over to try to figure out what happened. i looked at my wheels and noticed all my lugnuts were loosened, i almost lost my tire! lol

bfstrider
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Fluid Film is not a cure all. You will have some minor grass accumulation. However, the little you do get can be easily cleaned off. It will also help loosen any caked on grass you may have. Just let it sit for a few days. I like to keep the deck on my mowers as grass free as I can. I don't like to use water to clean the deck that often so I scrape it with a plastic scraper. Sometimes I can just take a rag and wipe the grass from the deck. I've tried other products that advertise that they will keep grass from accumulating, but found that they don't work as stated. When using some other products I had grass accumulate under the deck and had to scrape like crazy to get it off. Fluid Film doesn't keep all grass from accumulating, but it helps. It also makes cleanup easier. I use it on all my mowers, my hedge trimmers, etc.
No, I do not work for Fluid Film and this is not an info-commercial. Just my experience with the product.

chipk1
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Seems like it would help if you started using it on a Deck from new.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
i love the stuff i bought a case

puddin' pie
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi, Dano 50. I know someone whos on your ''team''! he use FF all the time. Loves it. I see how good it works. Thank you for making him so happy

nmurph
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
"The list is endless. Don't limit yourself to one application. Explore them all!"

i came home the other night and the wife had a little nightie on, candle lit, and a can of Fluid Film by the bed............naw, i just read that in Penthouse!

it is good stuff!!!! fluid guy, what's the difference bw ff and motorcycle chain lube. i have both and they seem similar to me.

Dano50
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the great responses! You know, I don't know exactly what is in motorcycle chain lube, although I know how well we have tested against it.

128Steve
03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Has worked outstanding in stopping rust and corrosion on my vehicles and equipment.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-28-2007, 02:37 PM
U Need To Have A Place On The Cans So I Can Lock Them To The Work Bench As They Keep Walking Away???

JTF40
03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
between fluid film and WD-40?

The answer this question is: in relation to "torque" - gas versus diesel !!!! :cool2: :usflag:

terrapro
03-28-2007, 07:10 PM
just bought a gallon to try in my sprayer, ive had the aerosal cans and loved them but they went ot fast!