PDA

View Full Version : New MOWER!!!

C.T. Lawn Care
03-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Well Envy will be proud. I bought a lesco z-two today! What an awsome mower i will have to say. I cut my lawn today with it and it lays a great stripe. The cut is awsome and the power is just right. I picked it up from lesco this morning along with some fert and i used it to pull my other mower with the spreader out of the mud 2 times. I hate getting stuck!

I will post pics tomorrow.. going to bed now.

Later
Craig

sildoc
03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
congrats on the new mower. what hp engine? and what size deck?

MikeLT1Z28
03-27-2007, 12:24 AM
i'm gonna guess from his sig, that it's a 25hp 60 cut.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes, i bought the 60" with a 25hp kaw. Nice machine i will have to say!

Envy Lawn Service
03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Still thanking myself for making the same decision.

They really are a great machine.
Glad you could get yourself one before anything changed at Lesco.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-27-2007, 12:32 AM
yup i left lesco with a skid of demension, a new mower, and a set of blades.
He also threw in a cup holder (which i dont really like where you mount the thing) and a lesco wind breaker! Whoot!

sildoc
03-27-2007, 12:42 AM
i'm gonna guess from his sig, that it's a 25hp 60 cut.

yeah yeah yeah. quit reading sigs long ago. nothing but ego there.

fiveoboy01
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't believe that someone simply posting their list of equipment is indicative of whether or not they have an ego...

sildoc
03-27-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't believe that someone simply posting their list of equipment is indicative of whether or not they have an ego...

ummm ok. Why post it then? Not saying that every one has a ego but, we all do pretty much the same job. why do we need to post what we have? I mean come on if it is pertenant to the post just state you will be using x. No need to state you have 30 72" exmark super diesels with megamos and accelerator catchers with supper flexforks and suspension seats. is there? now we have a mower it cuts grass.

dwost
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
ummm ok. Why post it then? Not saying that every one has a ego but, we all do pretty much the same job. why do we need to post what we have? I mean come on if it is pertenant to the post just state you will be using x. No need to state you have 30 72" exmark super diesels with megamos and accelerator catchers with supper flexforks and suspension seats. is there? now we have a mower it cuts grass.

Congrats on the new machine!! I too am a fan of the Lesco/Cub units. I was recently swayed by the Bad Boy but the Lesco's are a steal right now.

Sildoc, personally I don't think it's an ego thing. I like to see what others are running. I've had several members pm me for info on the mods I've done to my WB because they read it on my signature. I'm just a measly homeowner so no ego here :) I don't mind it, just my $.02

LawnBrother
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Still thanking myself for making the same decision.

They really are a great machine.
Glad you could get yourself one before anything changed at Lesco.

What's changing at LESCO? I read somewhere that JD bought them, do you think the quality of their machines will change?

MikeLT1Z28
03-27-2007, 11:52 AM
yeah yeah yeah. quit reading sigs long ago. nothing but ego there.

posting equipment isn't ego.. posting how much money you make a year, that might be ego.

J&R Landscaping
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
posting equipment isn't ego.. posting how much money you make a year, that might be ego.

Thst might just say how successful you are!!

Envy Lawn Service
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
What's changing at LESCO? I read somewhere that JD bought them, do you think the quality of their machines will change?

Lesco sold to John Deere recently...

I'm guessing Deere made the purchase to expand John Deere Landscapes...
Or to buy out the competition.

I also found out recently that several years ago, Lesco sold their interests in Commercial Turf Products. But part of that sale was a supply agreement for the mowers and parts. The supply agreement on new equipment (mowers) is due to expire before too much longer.

So, there will have to be a new supply agreement arranged in order to continue supplies other than parts.

Since John Deere purchased Lesco, and Commercial Turf Products will be building only Cub Commercial by then.... well I just don't see that happening.

sildoc
03-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Thst might just say how successful you are!!

Those that are succesful don't need to post what equiptment they have nor are they here to learn. they are here to help. Other wise they wouldn't waste their time.

AbsoluteH&L
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Those that are succesful don't need to post what equiptment they have nor are they here to learn. they are here to help. Other wise they wouldn't waste their time.

congrats on the new mower. what hp engine? and what size deck?

I t does prevent people from asking dumb questions, most people.
I have a signature, nothing there to brag about just the average small business. I am here to learn and to help. If anyone thinks they know it all and have nothing to learn, no matter how long in business, they are the ones with an ego.

AbsoluteH&L
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Back to the real topic. CT congrates on the new mower, thats a step I have yet to make. All my stuff has been used. Some day..

sildoc
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I t does prevent people from asking dumb questions, most people.
I have a signature, nothing there to brag about just the average small business. I am here to learn and to help. If anyone thinks they know it all and have nothing to learn, no matter how long in business, they are the ones with an ego.

I'm not saying that succesful people don't learn, they just don't need a forum to learn what they need to know. I just don't see the point to listing up all your equiptment below. It takes up space and memory.

razor1
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Are Cub Cadet Commercial and Lesco ZTR's the same except for the paint?

Willofalltrades
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Are Cub Cadet Commercial and Lesco ZTR's the same except for the paint?

where have you been? lol Yea but that all changes for 2007 I believe. The tanks have gotten a few nice improvements and I think the Lescos are the same.

dwost
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
where have you been? lol Yea but that all changes for 2007 I believe. The tanks have gotten a few nice improvements and I think the Lescos are the same.

Nope, they too are different. Saw one last weekend next to the 2006. It has the revised TANK design and now also has a ROPS standard.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
pics....... I love the mower! It is even the same colors as my business! lol How about that~! Great stripe and power!

fiveoboy01
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Looks good, how much did you pay?

Also, for anyone who knows, do the Tanks generally run more $ than the Z-Two for the same setup, because of the name, or are they pretty close?

CRF500
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Have you ever compared them to a super Z?

dwost
03-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Looks good, how much did you pay?

Also, for anyone who knows, do the Tanks generally run more $ than the Z-Two for the same setup, because of the name, or are they pretty close?

The cubs will definitely cost more as you are paying for the name. I believe the Lesco 2006 60" is running around $6,499. I think the Cub is at least $1k more.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
yes i have compared this mower to the hustler... the hustler was a little smoother but it did not cut the northern grasses very well. I would put the cut of this mower at or above the ultra cut deck of an exmark... yes i have used that mower too!

I paid 6900 with tax and doc fees. 0% 24 months puts it at $290 a month if that helps.

Yes you will pay about 1000.00 more for the same mower with the cub name... I like the lesco paint colors better anyways!

fiveoboy01
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Thank you for the info...

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Our cub dealer is very close in price and the dealer has good service thats why we went with the Tank. Got 0% for 3 years and that put it at $190 a month.

ZX12R
03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
"Our cub dealer is very close in price and the dealer has good service thats why we went with the Tank. Got 0% for 3 years and that put it at $190 a month."

When you say cub,do you mean a scag tiger cub? Also,is it 60" machine with a 25 hp kawisaki motor? I ask because I am looking to buy a new mower and I am going nuts trying to figure out which one to buy.:hammerhead:

By the way,I was looking at all the Lesco mowers last week and they look like they are built like tanks. Of course,I am comparing them to 20 year old scag walk behinds,a 48" and a 52".:rolleyes:

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
"Our cub dealer is very close in price and the dealer has good service thats why we went with the Tank. Got 0% for 3 years and that put it at $190 a month."

When you say cub,do you mean a scag tiger cub? Also,is it 60" machine with a 25 hp kawisaki motor? I ask because I am looking to buy a new mower and I am going nuts trying to figure out which one to buy.:hammerhead:

By the way,I was looking at all the Lesco mowers last week and they look like they are built like tanks. Of course,I am comparing them to 20 year old scag walk behinds,a 48" and a 52".:rolleyes:

No I am talking Cub Cadet commercial. The Lesco Z-Two is the same mower as the cub Tanks just different paint.

CRF500
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM

By the way,I was looking at all the Lesco mowers last week and they look like they are built like tanks. Of course,I am comparing them to 20 year old scag walk behinds,a 48" and a 52".:rolleyes: If you want the toughest easiest to work on cleanest mower buy a super Z. I have 500 hours on mine and I try and break it on purpose and the machine will hardly dent. ONE TOUGH BIT CH !.

ZX12R
03-29-2007, 12:18 AM
"If you want the toughest easiest to work on cleanest mower buy a super Z. I have 500 hours on mine and I try and break it on purpose and the machine will hardly dent. ONE TOUGH BIT CH ."

Thanks CRF500,I will surley give them a look as theres a dealer less than 5 miles from my house. I am in the market for a machine with between a 52" and 60" cut. Do you have any idea how much a super z in that range would run?

CRF500
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
"If you want the toughest easiest to work on cleanest mower buy a super Z. I have 500 hours on mine and I try and break it on purpose and the machine will hardly dent. ONE TOUGH BIT CH ."

Thanks CRF500,I will surley give them a look as theres a dealer less than 5 miles from my house. I am in the market for a machine with between a 52" and 60" cut. Do you have any idea how much a super z in that range would run?
They are going up in price all the time. As soon as the market figures out how tough they are Hustler will be able to command top $ for them. You should be able to get a 60 for around 8000$ and it is worth every penny if you do tough commercial work. If you want a machine the crew cannot tear up buy it!

fiveoboy01
03-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Why would you purposely try to break your mower?

I see no evidence that Hustler's ZTR is any more durable than any other commercial Z built by one of the top manufacturers.

And employees WILL break ANYTHING given enough time.

CRF500
03-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Why would you purposely try to break your mower?

I see no evidence that Hustler's ZTR is any more durable than any other commercial Z built by one of the top manufacturers.

And employees WILL break ANYTHING given enough time. At first I was gingerly with it when I bought it but then it started tto piss me off because I had the feeling it was laughing at me to try and hurt it so I justy beat the piss out of it to make it pay for laughing at me. I do not abuse the Hydro units but the machine I use as a bumper car and it does fine. When you are mowing at 15 MPH you are going to bounce into things.

That is funny because when I look at most of the other brands of ZTR's they look like poorly engineered junk to me in comparison!

haybaler
03-29-2007, 09:06 AM
This is turning into a color war. I think Bad Boy mowers are the toughest out there right now, that doesn't mean there the best. I hope you enjoy your lesco for many years. I have to say everyone LOVES there mower for at least the first two months, but I want everyones oppinion after two years. I had a buddy that bought a toro z (60"28hpfuel injected) he loved the thing, but after 1.5 years things started to break.

CRF500
03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
This is turning into a color war. I think Bad Boy mowers are the toughest out there right now, that doesn't mean there the best. I hope you enjoy your lesco for many years. I have to say everyone LOVES there mower for at least the first two months, but I want everyones oppinion after two years. I had a buddy that bought a toro z (60"28hpfuel injected) he loved the thing, but after 1.5 years things started to break. It is the amount of hours on the unit and the conditions you cut in. I was mostly a small commercial guy and residential guy then I landed this huge property that had concrete blocks every where cement and big rocks large ditches that are wett and bought the Super for the job. Residentials are girly girlison compared to this account and I swear you cannot tear this mower up. I mean running over concrete and stuff at full stick and it hardly dents the baffels at all. The deck is so tuff. I would have torn all the baffels out of most other machines.

fiveoboy01
03-29-2007, 11:41 AM
At first I was gingerly with it when I bought it but then it started tto piss me off because I had the feeling it was laughing at me to try and hurt it so I justy beat the piss out of it to make it pay for laughing at me.

HAHA LOL, that made me laugh:laugh:

Do you have voices in your head too?:laugh:

Envy Lawn Service
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
yes i have compared this mower to the hustler... the hustler was a little smoother but it did not cut the northern grasses very well. I would put the cut of this mower at or above the ultra cut deck of an exmark... yes i have used that mower too!

I paid 6900 with tax and doc fees. 0% 24 months puts it at $290 a month if that helps.

Yes you will pay about 1000.00 more for the same mower with the cub name... I like the lesco paint colors better anyways!

Yes, both Hustler and eXmark feel a little more refined...

But when it comes to working performance, the Z-two is where it's at.
Cuts everything well... and is VERY reliable.

Adjusted properly, the deck will match or surpass any other cutter deck on nice lawns... and leave them far-far behind on the less desireable work.

The lack of engine options is the only thorn in the side of the Z-two.
But the 25hp Kawi seems fine 99% of the time.

C.T.

The appearance of your finished cut will improve even farther than how it looks now too. I'm not sure if it's current environmental conditions, or if you have just a tad of tweaking to do on the deck.

CRF500
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes, both Hustler and eXmark feel a little more refined...

But when it comes to working performance, the Z-two is where it's at.
Cuts everything well... and is VERY reliable.

Adjusted properly, the deck will match or surpass any other cutter deck on nice lawns... and leave them far-far behind on the less desireable work.

The lack of engine options is the only thorn in the side of the Z-two.
But the 25hp Kawi seems fine 99% of the time.

C.T.

The appearance of your finished cut will improve even farther than how it looks now too. I'm not sure if it's current environmental conditions, or if you have just a tad of tweaking to do on the deck. I havent put a wrench on my Hustler deck since it was new and have run into multiple items of the nature that would have a Z2 deck begging for mercy with a big dent or torn out baffles.

ProStreetCamaro
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
I havent put a wrench on my Hustler deck since it was new and have run into multiple items of the nature that would have a Z2 deck begging for mercy with a big dent or torn out baffles.

I dont know about that. The command cut deck is pretty darn tough. Last fall I accidentaly plowed the deck into a big tree at full stick because I misjudged and I got off and looked and it just cleaned the paint. My father and I are the only ones that use our equipment (we stay small) so we dont beat our stuff up. Our Lazer HP has 2,400 hours on it and still is in great shape.

CRF500
03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I dont know about that. The command cut deck is pretty darn tough. Last fall I accidentaly plowed the deck into a big tree at full stick because I misjudged and I got off and looked and it just cleaned the paint. My father and I are the only ones that use our equipment (we stay small) so we dont beat our stuff up. Our Lazer HP has 2,400 hours on it and still is in great shape. The way the inner baffel is designed on the hustler is tough. Have never used a mower that comes close.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Envy, do you think that my deck needs some adjustment or something? I thought that it was cutting great! Is there something you see that i maybe done?

I put a trimmer trap blade blocker on today and it workes great with this mower. Same color and it looks factory! :) I like things to look factory and not jerry rigged! lol

Thanks

Envy Lawn Service
04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Glad to hear we got you fixed up.

When you have time, could I see some pics of the trimmer trap blade blocker?
And also hear about how it's working out specifically?

Prestige-Lawncare
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
yes i have compared this mower to the hustler... the hustler was a little smoother but it did not cut the northern grasses very well.

No problems with my Super Z cutting the Hendricks County grasses here!

First time I've seen one of my neighbors on here! Congrats on your new purchase.