PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn

devnuts
03-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I am getting ready to install a new lawn once it starts to dry up. Just wanted some feedback in ragards to my method....Currently the lawn has grass but it is in pretty rough shape. I applied lime last fall....

1.Cut lawn on lowest setting
2.Aerate entire lawn
3. Slice seed using a slice seeder or simply use a braodcast spreader?? what do you guys think?
4. Apply starter fertilizer
5. Water

Any suggestion/recomendation?

Thanks

scagwildcat
03-27-2007, 11:38 AM
first off i would like to say welcome to lawnsite, next i would like to say im from winsted, and work in your area... and if you need help i am will to help you... if the area is not very big, i would till the whole thing up and start over, but first i would test the soil to see what your dealing with. if you are starting with good soil and its a case of the owner not doing his or her part, then you can get away with overseeding..

devnuts
03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the help, cnat wait to start working,,,
Where do you usually go to get the soil test done?

scagwildcat
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
the last time i needed a soil test i had it done at the nursery on east main torr. or you can contact the dep and they will tell you were you can send a sample too, i think that they charge for the test but its not much. also you can buy soil test kits on the web... whats the name of your buis? mines Cutting Edge Lawn Care