PDA

View Full Version : My initial enclosed trailer design

dschmaus
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Working on my enclosed trailer design.. This is my first rough draft.. Not crazy about it. My spacing seems off or not balanced. Thought I would let you guys pick it apart...

Thanks

DBL
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
wow that looks really nice a professional ...gonna cost a pretty penny though

toac
03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
looks very nice. when can i expect to see that being hauled up and down dayton-xenia rd? (nice to see another person from dayton oh here)

mirrorlandscapes
03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
That's awesome! That'll cost some serious bucks. :) Who's gonna do your lettering and can they do pictures like that? Cool.

mirrorlandscapes
03-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Seems like your logo and business name should be more prominent, they don't stand out enough and grab your attention like the pictures. The pics look great and will definitely catch people's eyes. Also what's with the black lines going down from the pics on the right toward the web address? Is that just an editing fluke or are they meant to be there? They detract from the clean look. Overall your spacing looks pretty good. Nice job.

"Ground Control"
03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Seems like your logo and business name should be more prominent, they don't stand out enough and grab your attention like the pictures. The pics look great and will definitely catch people's eyes. Also what's with the black lines going down from the pics on the right toward the web address? Is that just an editing fluke or are they meant to be there? They detract from the clean look. Overall your spacing looks pretty good. Nice job.

It looks to me like the black lines are the sides of the door.

dschmaus
03-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey "TOAC" Stop in sometime and say hi. 1600 fairground rd. I'm sure we will see each other this year..

The two lines by the website is the side door.

This trailer is actually longer than the one I am getting. Does anyone have a picture of a 18-20 foot white enclosed from this angle???

I figured it would be expensive to have done... $2000??? haven't researched that far yet.

troblandscape
03-27-2007, 03:15 PM
I would say double or triple $2000.00 My sign guy wrapped a Boxers truck Bernard Hopkins and it was in the $10,000 range, that was about four years ago so maybe the printers have gotten cheaper.

Boycea
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Troblandscape on this one and say that it will be a lot more than that for pricing. I was quoted around $2,500 to have my 24 ft enclosed lettered up with just my logo and wording, no pictures. ETWman might have a better idea because he has an enclosed container with pictures on it much like the one you depict, might want to pm him.

CutNLawns
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Keep in mind there are two sides to the trailer and your design needs to fit on both sides. Make sure you lay it out on both before your final decision. It is much easier to do the research now than to try to make changes later. Great start though. As far as price, unless you find a real lowballer you should be in the $4K-$5K range easily for a full color wrap of that length. Make sure you get the "good" vinyl too with at least a 4-5yr warranty. Its a must or you are wasting your $$$.

dschmaus
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM
When I finalize the design I was thinking about having it done in two stages.. Everything from the black line down. Then add the pics down the road.. Possible?

etwman
03-30-2007, 02:34 PM
That won't stop at $5k, I could almost guarantee it, 24' long? No way, not if its done right. Ours was a little over $3k and it was only 14'. I would suggest, once getting it done, that you increaset the insurance on it. One tree limb hanging too far over the road and you're done. Insure it for replacement, not current cash value.

Ramairfreak98ss
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I just posted mine, lol. I tried not to go crazy with the digital pics, but it still is probably too much $$. What will that wrap for the trailer run you locally?

Ramairfreak98ss
03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I figured it would be expensive to have done... $2000??? haven't researched that far yet.

yeah try 4-6k minimum for a wrap for anything 20' and larger. I was looking at stuff that was more than that even. F that, my trailer was only 10 grand. Mines a 24'er, good for everything but not perfect. Id love a 28' for racing, 18-20' for lawn cutting and a 28-32' for landscaping jobs. I could load the smaller tractor, attachments, all implements, supplies inside and leave it on the site. My next trailer will get a wrap, but it will be 28'+ and be solely for advertising in big developments.

2k gets you single color 3-4 sided custom vinyl text on a big trailer basically :cry: