PDA

View Full Version : Best hand held gas powered blower/vac?

Hoosier Mower
07-25-2001, 12:54 AM
I currently have a Crapsman gas powered hand held blower/vac and as most Sears products are it's a piece of sh*t! Was wondering whats the best blower/vac combination in the gas powered type?

Sammy
07-25-2001, 01:55 AM
Stihl ! :)

EJK2352
07-25-2001, 02:08 AM
Redmax HB2300 is the best I've used. ED

KirbysLawn
07-25-2001, 02:24 AM
Does Sthil make a handheld blower/vac combo?

Are you looking for a good backpack blower? Asking your question will get you the regular answers, each person giving the thumbs up for their product of choice, many time without and experance with the other brands. I was like that, I always gave the answer "Sthil http://lawnsite.com/images/icons/icon14.gif ", no more!

I now own the following blowers:

Red Max EB7000
Shindiawia EB630
Sthil BR400

Of the 3, I like the Shin 630 the best, power, nice straps, power, flex tube, power, easy start. and did I mention it has a lot of POWER! I just got the redMax and it differs little from the Shin, the BR400 is the weakest of the three, by far!

Me & my cousin often try to shoot each others hat of at the trailer with the blowers, I win because I have the 630, since we now have the 7000 my record may fall..:cry:

Tropical Trim
07-25-2001, 06:28 AM
Stihl BG 75 hand held works pretty well for us. well balanced and power for a hand held. Shindaiwa hand held pretty good, easy starting,low db's, but has a mind of it's own from centrifucal force caused by spinning impelor. You must fight it a bit to point in the direction you want it to blow. Other than that it's pretty good.

awm
07-25-2001, 07:42 AM
I WOULD SUGGEST A POULAN PRO. also change your mix to echo50-1 and high octane.this machine really does put out for a hand held.make sure your mix is exact and good luck. later

grassyfras
07-25-2001, 01:54 PM
HOMELIGHT is the way to go

jk

STIHL is nice so is echo i dont see a difference as long as your cc's are the same and air volume just get the biggest you can

MORE POWER

TFL
07-25-2001, 03:21 PM
JOHN DEERE BH30:D

cos
07-25-2001, 03:32 PM
echo Pb210

That baby took so much abuse and lasted a long time.

http://www.echo-usa.com/prods_item.asp?Model=PB-210E&Category=POWERBLOWER

Hoosier Mower
07-25-2001, 03:43 PM
Keep in mind I'm looking for a blower/vac combo, just not a blower

awm
07-25-2001, 05:14 PM
THATS WHAT POULAN PRO AT LOWES IS. the only thing is the fan blades are made of nylon so rocks etc can wear on it ,when vacuuming debree.

jason2
07-25-2001, 09:09 PM
I own a Stihl SH85 which is a vac/blower. It is not the BG series handheld that Stihl makes. It comes with all the vac stuff as well as blower attachments.

I bought it mainly for vacuuming cigarette butts on commercials, which it works well for. I occasionally use it as a handheld blower also.

I have no complaints with the unit, although for pure blowing power my Shindaiwa backpack blows it away.

I have never used the Echo or any other handhelds so I have nothing to compare my Stihl to. Only thing I don't like about Stihl's, they start hard compared to My shindy and echo stuff. Not just the handheld but also my stihl saw and stihl trimmer.

jnjnlc
07-25-2001, 09:16 PM
Not sure if you know this or not but the crapsman is made by poulan.

Brian, I have the same model blower/vac you are talking about. It sits in the shed. I really should toss it. It doesn't work anymore. I would not go with the Poulan.

Go with a name you can trust. I am sure you can find an Echo, Red Max, Stihl, Husquavarna, (commercial brand) that will work for you. Look around.

TJLC
07-25-2001, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure which one would be the "best". I own and use an Echo shred and vac. For what I use it for it has worked well so far. I think it's the model es2400. All I've ever owned is Echo brands. That's not to say Echo is "best. I guess it's whatever you have good luck with, you tend to stick with.

Scag48
07-25-2001, 11:45 PM
Backwoods-My mom bought an Echo Blower/Vac for the condo complex she manages. She said it worked out very well for the amount of leaves they have all over the place. The one she bought has the metal fins so rocks don't put it out of commision, well, that is unless you are a rock hound and suck them up all the time. She also bought the new Stihl BR 420 Backpack blower for the parking lot, I can't wait to try it out!

1MajorTom
07-26-2001, 12:44 AM
Asking your question will get you the regular answers, each person giving the thumbs up for their product of choice, many time without and experance with the other brands.

agreed! A lot of times I refrain from commenting on equipment questions on which we prefer, because we just haven't tried all the different brands out there to be able to give an unbiased opnion.

Indiana
07-26-2001, 09:11 AM
I have a Stihl BG 85 blower/vacuum. It converts from one to the other.

I love it. Use it to blow small areas, vac leaves and debris from tennis courts, parking lots, and etc...

Paid $229.00 for it w/vac attach.

Good deal - great tool.