PDA

View Full Version : how would you light this

perfectlawncare
03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
No gutters so I was thinking about lighting the top from some mulch beds in the front of the yard. What about the garage how would you light that up?

bumper
03-27-2007, 05:49 PM
really hard to tell without some depth perception a some natural light. Picture is a little dark. That siaid, the tree to the right and for balance the garage but it appears there is nothing to light cept the garage itself which could be done with some uplights in low wattage one to either side. No point in lighting the hedges, no incongruence in shape an form. Consider landscaping the flower bed and entrance for differenig heights etc. Could liigt the Juniper instead of the tree but not sure I would light both, would be too heavy on one side

Pro-Scapes
03-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I would put a half way decent landscape in first and fix up the yard. Sorry thats just my opinion.

NightScenes
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
A match would light it pretty well. Just joking:laugh: . It's very hard to tell what we have to work with since we only have one photo and that one isn't very good.

perfectlawncare
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah I already told the guy to remove all the bushes from around his house. How would you get lights up top?

NightScenes
03-27-2007, 11:29 PM
How about the big tree on the right? Can a fixture or two be mounted in it and aimed at the house?

Pro-Scapes
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
from the looks of it that tree is actually behind the face of the home but pictures can be deciving. Perhaps downlighting the 2nd story from the eves would work ????

Eden Lights
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Maybe I am missing something here, but I would talk with the client about landscaping improvements first and lighting second.

Pro-Scapes
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
thats what I just said above. Just because we CAN light it doesnt mean we SHOULD.