PDA

View Full Version : Blades Std vs. Highlift

JPL
03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I want to buy new blades for my Scags (36" & 52") walk behinds. I have been buying in the pass the standard type blades with no problems. I bag all my cuttings and I cut whether it's wet or dry.
Now should I stay with the standard blade or high lift blade or the gator type blade. What are the feelings out there.:usflag:

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
bump......

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
03-31-2007, 08:30 PM
The super high lifts are good so much suction they leave a nice stripe.

gene gls
03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I want to buy new blades for my Scags (36" & 52") walk behinds. I have been buying in the pass the standard type blades with no problems. I bag all my cuttings and I cut whether it's wet or dry.
Now should I stay with the standard blade or high lift blade or the gator type blade. What are the feelings out there.:usflag:

You need to experement to see what works best on your properties. You might not have enough power to run the Super High Lifts on your mowers. Different brands of blades are also made different. As far as I am concerened, Gator type blades are worthless in my area.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Gator blades. I've found the cheapest place is j-thomas.com. All I run is gator blades and thats what have worked the best for me no matter what the conditions.

vogler.r
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Go with the Gator Hi Lifts in the Spring and summer. In the Fall Go with the Gator Hi Lifts Mulcher. The New Fusion Blades are awesome.

I buy them here www.mowpart.com they have great customer service and good prices and I think they offer discounts to Lawnsite.com users

http://www.mowpart.com/blades-gator-blades-c-38_190.html