PDA

View Full Version : Customer Adds their own late fee

LawnBrother
03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
A late payer with a conscience! This lady always pays a little late, but she always pays. She was 2 months out on her bill and I get a check with an apology. I couldn't believe it, the guilt must have been eating her alive. She tacked on an extra $50 to her bill. ;)

Precision Lawns
03-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I had a customer who didn't pay his year-end bill for $76. We sent him a letter at the beginning of the year (over 2 months after the bill was due) saying if he didn't pay, it was going to collections, and we got a check right away for $100. Then he called to apologize (he has always been kinda flaky and just forgot) and told me the extra $24 was interest :-)

TurfConcepts,Inc
03-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Nice, I haven't got that one yet

chipk1
03-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I had a customer a few months ago walk out to me while I was mowing with his late check and said he add a 12.00 late charge to it. My invoices say that a 12.00 late fee MAY be added if late, but hadn't really enforced it. I did however start enforcing it as of last month because I had an usually large amount of lates and need to put an end to it quickly before it gets out of hand.

CompletePropertyCare
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I had the same thing last season. My customer had dropped two months behind so I called her to see what was up. She called me back distraught and apoligizing like crazy. I got a check in the mail with and extra $50 and a note that said sorry.

AbsoluteH&L
03-28-2007, 11:24 AM
If only all customers could be like that. I had one that I had to sent a "your late" letter to, and the rounded the bill upto the next even $100. Don't remember exact amount but about $50 or so. Makes up for the b1tch that moved and never paid her last bill.