PDA

View Full Version : Walker mower users?

pclawncare
03-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I have 2 walkers currently one is an mt model with the high lift option. It is so tail heavy that it does not like hills much and tends to want to tear turf when driving along them across the face of the hill(several it is not an option to go up and down the hill). I was looking at walkers tail wheel lock kit. Does anyone use this? How has it performed? Were you happy with it? Is it complicated to use? Also do you have to be going straight to turn it on or can you flip and switch and it maked the tail wheel go straight. I guess i just do not understand how this system. Id like to know more about it but doesnt seem to be much information out there about it.

Willofalltrades
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Give the guy you got the deck from a call... Hes the distributor of Walkers for Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan lol. Good people over there. You need to keep me informed on how you like the deck.

pclawncare
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Alright ill let you know i just got it today. It looks good ill give it a bath and it will look brand new havent even got it off the pallet yet

pclawncare
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Will today was the first day i got to use the deck on anything significant. It did a good job a few little clumps but thats because we had a pretty heavy due this morning. Other than that it works great

lawncarepros2004
04-04-2007, 11:30 PM
yep i would recommend the rear wheel lockout. Easy to operate but you need to be going straight to engage it. ya wouldn't want to lock the wheel in any other positon than staight right? if you got hills you should look into it.:)