PDA

View Full Version : way to much gas

robbo521
03-27-2007, 06:44 PM
got a Kawasaki 19 hp V-twin on a 48'' jd ztrack.this thing hold 8.5 gal of gas and it drinks way to much.i can cut my 1 acre and it will be half gone.is there anything i can check or do myself so i am not down while its in the shop?

MowerMedic77
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
When was the last full tune up? plugs, fuel filter, a/f, and prefilter, valve adjustments etc. etc.

Roger
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I have a JD 717A, same 19hp Kaw, 48" deck. I get about 6.5 hours of meter time out of the 8+ gal of gasoline.

You don't say how long your engine is running to cut your 1 acre, but it must be running less than 1 hour. Right?

I'm a bit disappointed at the fuel consumption, but my engine uses far less. Did it always use gas at this rate? Was there some point in time when the rate changed? If so, what other factors were at work?

lawnmaniac883
03-27-2007, 09:02 PM
About 1.2 gallons to 1.5 gallons an hour depending on load is what I would consider normal consumtion.

barnard
03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
got a Kawasaki 19 hp V-twin on a 48'' jd ztrack.this thing hold 8.5 gal of gas and it drinks way to much.i can cut my 1 acre and it will be half gone.is there anything i can check or do myself so i am not down while its in the shop?

Maybe you have the wrong air filter. I seem to remember restrorob mention this before. Different filters for internally vented and externally vented Carbs. I'm not sure about the particulars but have seen the bulletin. Maybe someone can post it. But as for using 4 gallons to cut one acre, I don't think an engine could be that rich and still run.

robbo521
03-28-2007, 02:04 AM
it only has 20 hrs on it.it still has the same air filter it came with,i have taken it out and cleaned it,not very dusty.it may not be 4 gal but its useing to much i think.it has been doing this the last 3 weeks when i was getting started.if nothing else i guess i will take her back and let them check things cause it just dont seem right.it takes me about 1hr because of a long drain ditch in the back.thanks for the help.