PDA

View Full Version : striping

awm
07-25-2001, 08:12 AM
okay i made a striper out of 1 inch tubular filled with concrete.
i run it about an inch or or more off the ground. problem
it makes beautiful stripe at the one just made. but the back side,as it were, of the one made going in the other direction
dont look so good.kinda funny but each stripe looks great but only when looking from one end. stripe dude , or any one whos done a lot of striping i know you may be tired of this subject but if you have any ideas id be thanking you. laterTM

Eric ELM
07-25-2001, 08:28 AM
Stripes look the best when the sun is at your back, but will they look good from every direction at different times of the day.

awm
07-25-2001, 09:44 AM
hi eric,what im saying is the individual stripe looks excellent from one end but not so good from the other end. this creates a great stripe ,crappy stripe great stripe crappy stripe effect
when veiwed either way.im thinking mabe raise the striper some but dont know. thanks and any ideas appreciated ,later now.TM

TLS
07-25-2001, 11:07 AM
Well, Tony, of course you are going to have a light stripe, dark stripe, light stripe, dark stripe, etc. You have to follow the pattern each week. The angle of the sun really does make a big difference, however the next morning when the sun comes from the other side, will have another effect on the stripes. When you get the checkerboard pattern and then even some 45's in there, it doesn't matter where you stand, its going to look great! The key is to always follow the light stripe. Never go up a dark stripe.

Hope this clears things up, as you have us kinda confused with your descriptions.

BTW....Whats with the concrete????

awm
07-25-2001, 05:10 PM
hey dixie appreciate your answer.apparently im looking at something not to common. first let me say i look at good stripes everyday,and can lay a pretty fair one down without this gizmo.
this is beautiful (as in erics pictures )ugly, beautiful then ugly.
this is about 41/2 inch fescue ,so im thinking the bar is laying
it down to much and perhaps not even. guess i may have to work on this thing some more. the concrete was an attempt to give it weight so it wouldnt hop as much. i do want to get it right tho as the stripe realy looks classic from one direction. dont let me confuse you anymore as i think this is a, you really had to be there thing. thanks anyway TM

crazygator
07-25-2001, 11:15 PM
Is the thing you made solidly fixed to your machine, or does it float up and down? If you have it fixed, and as you say raise it some (maybe even only 1/2 to 1 inch below the bottom of your deck it should all be ok. Do you keep your blades sharp and balanced? If not this could help accent the problem. Hope this may help, good luck!

awm
07-26-2001, 03:00 PM
thanks for the responce there crazygator . it is not fixed ,
but has weight to cut down the hopping etc. i did pretty much what you suggested an seemed to get desired results.