PDA

View Full Version : another scag vs. exmark wb question

jsf343
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Ive done the search and did not find what I needed soooooo....
Anyone here run scag and exmark or ran both of them in the past? I am wanting your comparisons and which you think is better and why. I demoed a scag last week and will do a exmark tomorrow. I am talking 36" walk behind for now and eventually a 52". Please give your feedback, especially about cut, performance, and wet, lush growth conditions. I felt the scag was very good but I wasn't that thrilled with the handlebar set up and hydro's maybe it is just me being inexperienced running it. Overall a very good mower though, and built like a tank. Please share your feedback.

Jeff

HenryB
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Ive done the search and did not find what I needed soooooo....
Anyone here run scag and exmark or ran both of them in the past? I am wanting your comparisons and which you think is better and why. I demoed a scag last week and will do a exmark tomorrow. I am talking 36" walk behind for now and eventually a 52". Please give your feedback, especially about cut, performance, and wet, lush growth conditions. I felt the scag was very good but I wasn't that thrilled with the handlebar set up and hydro's maybe it is just me being inexperienced running it. Overall a very good mower though, and built like a tank. Please share your feedback.

Jeff

This link has a lot of really good comparisons.
http://www.the-lawn-advisor.com/Commerical-Grade-Lawn-Mowers.html

mrgreen3
03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Link may have comparisons,but JD rated an A??

lwcmattlifter
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Ive used both. They are both good machines but the ECS system on the Exmark is what sold me on Exmark. Personally, I think the scag advantage deck cuts better, but I own Exmarks. So, there you go.

fiveoboy01
03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I am not sure, but I THINK that the Scag can only be equipped with pistol grips. That alone is enough to make me not buy one.

The ECS controls are very comfortable for me.

jsf343
03-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Ok, thanks to each of you. That was pretty much what I had heard.