PDA

View Full Version : Rider purchase, Lesco Z2 or Hustler Super

CRF500
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I need a rider and I want a Hustler Super Z but it is exspensive but I can get Z2 alot cheaper. The Hustler looks to be made better but is it? and is it worth the extra money?

Is Lesco up to the service challenge? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RonB
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Can't speak for the Lesco but I wouldn't trade anything for my Soper Z - even when I had an electrical shorting problem last year.

I say get what you WANT - it's only money and you won't live forever - ha.

HenryB
03-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I need a rider and I want a Hustler Super Z but it is exspensive but I can get Z2 alot cheaper. The Hustler looks to be made better but is it? and is it worth the extra money?

Is Lesco up to the service challenge? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've used both quite a bit. The Super Z is a much smoother and more productive machine. Many times guys chose the walkbehinds over the Z2. The prices are cheap though; also consider the Super Z retains a lot of value when selling it. Not as much as a used Exmark but a lot more than a Lesco.

JB1
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
wheres the lesco equipment going to be when the John Deere takeover shakes down.

CRF500
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
wheres the lesco equipment going to be when the John Deere takeover shakes down.
Deere is a good company they should stand behind their product line.

Any how why would someone choose a walkbehind over a ZTR? I mean the Lesco Z 2 looks good? for the money?

HenryB
03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Deere is a good company they should stand behind their product line.

Any how why would someone choose a walkbehind over a ZTR? I mean the Lesco Z 2 looks good? for the money?

Thats my point the guys really disliked the Z2.

C.T. Lawn Care
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
well i just bought a new ztwo and i love it. Stripes great and has a great cut. The sticks are a little stiff but thats alright.. great machine and simple... we are just cutting grass in the end guys!

CRF500
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
How much more productive is a Super Z over a Z 2 ? I mean they claim a Super will go 15 MPH will it cut that fast? A Z2 should be as productive with a cut at 12 because how can you mow at 15? Not only that it seems like 15 MPH mowing would wear the mower out and break it?

HenryB
03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
How much more productive is a Super Z over a Z 2 ? I mean they claim a Super will go 15 MPH will it cut that fast? A Z2 should be as productive with a cut at 12 because how can you mow at 15? Not only that it seems like 15 MPH mowing would wear the mower out and break it?

It sounds to me like you've made up your mind. If you want an honest opinion I gave you one. If you want someone to tell you the Z2 is just as good as a Super Z someone else will, just not me. Either way good luck with your purchase. The Z2 is not a bad machine; just not as good as a Super Z IMO.

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Hustler? Whats that? In all my years of doing this work I have only ever seen 1 huster on a trailer. Hustler has had its fair share of poor products and we have 1 dealer and he said nobody around here will buy them.

Here you see

Exmark
Gravely
Scag
Z-Two/Tanks
Toros
Bob-cats

EDIT: Worst case scenario if lesco stops selling or servicing the Z-Two just go to your local cub dealer and get your parts and service.

CRF500
03-28-2007, 03:13 AM
I am just looking for a cheap way out,we all know alot of times you are better off spending more money and getting a better product but how much better can a Super be is what I am wondering? thays all!

CRF500
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Bumpppppppp

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I am just looking for a cheap way out,we all know alot of times you are better off spending more money and getting a better product but how much better can a Super be is what I am wondering? thays all!

Nobody can really tell you that. Whats better for one person may be worse for another. You will find people saying good and bad things about every brand of mower. There are some here that own the Z-Two and tanks and love them and a few that hated them. There are people here that love hustler and a few that dont.