PDA

View Full Version : What the *^%&$#@

mulchmaster
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place, didn't know if I should put it here or in repair.

My question is I just got home from wireing (sp) my trailer, and I have one prolbem. The driver side does not have a turn signal, or a brake light, whats the deal? The passanger side works fine, it didn't at first but now it does???
I tried to switch the wires and it stays on but even brighter.

Any ideas??

JB1
03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
usuall ninety percent of the problems is the ground.

troblandscape
03-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Stop! Before you cut any wires check your truck fuses, most newer trucks have fuses for trailer lights. If that is not the prob., like the last guy said it is most likely the ground

KrayzKajun
03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Stop! Before you cut any wires check your truck fuses, most newer trucks have fuses for trailer lights. If that is not the prob., like the last guy said it is most likely the ground

99.9% prolly the fuses!!!! HAppens all the time

mulchmaster
03-28-2007, 08:59 AM
I was going to double check to ground this morning, but I never thought about the fuses. Thanks all

DLCS
03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Burned out bulb?

Team-Green L&L
03-28-2007, 01:02 PM
If the signal is as solid light then it's a bulb. If the fuse is broken then the turn signals would not work at all. I'm guessing you've got a blown bulb.

troblandscape
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
If the signal is as solid light then it's a bulb. If the fuse is broken then the turn signals would not work at all. I'm guessing you've got a blown bulb.

It may be the bulb but as far as the fuses go, there are seperate fuse for left and right hand sides . So it would be possible for one side of the turns to work and the other not if it was a fuse. Hope you got it fixed today.

TGM
03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
the fuse deal depends on the trailer and the truck. it does sound like a ground problem. i don't know what type of trailer you have, but a lot of open trailers have the lights grounding through the bolts and into the frame. also, check the ground underneath the truck.

i love wiring problems:hammerhead:

Primecut
04-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I have a similar problem on my trailer. Its not the bulb, as I have replaced recently. The tail lights work. The brake lights, and blinker does not work. How do you go about checking the ground? Any other tips? Thanks.

mulchmaster
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone, I think it was the ground, because now all is fine.