PDA

View Full Version : Rear grip tires?

beaver29
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Has anyone tried rear grip tires for their ztr like the dixie choppers run? I have a Super Z and getting tired of being stuck in wet clovers. I cannot find the dixie chopper rear tires to fit my Super Z.

mosmgras
03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
One of my Grasshopper midmounts has the 'bar' tread tires. I really have to be careful when turning. Those things will destroy turf if one wheel is stopped while turning. As soon as they wear out, I'll change to turf master tires from Carlisle.

F.O.S.
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
I have the bar tread tires on my grasshopper and like them better than turf masters. I will agree that if you pivot on one wheel they tear up the turf but than again so will any tire. The tires are Carlisle AT-101, your dealer or any tire shop should be able to get them in the size that you need.

JTAYLORLAWN
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a country clipper and I use the carlilse, tractor type tread. I love them but as stated if you dont keep both wheels turning it will leave divots. I have the tread facing the rear it works great going nose first over inclines and when you come up the weight of the mower keeps your traction. I tried them facing the regular way and as soon as the front wheels broke the plane of the hill, it was a slide to the bottom.